- Finally, Manchester United have sacked Jose Mourinho as the head coach of the club
- The Portuguese tactician was in charge of the club for about two and half years
- Pogba, Sanchez and three other stars who could revive their careers under the incoming manager
Manchester United abruptly ended Jose Mourinho's reign at Old Trafford following their 3-1 disappointing defeat to Liverpool at Anfield last weekend.
27-year-old Xherdan Shaqiri scored a brace to power the Reds to maximum victory and restore his side back to the summit of the table with one point over defending champions Man City.
The Portuguese sack will restore normalcy in the Red Devils dressing room following a series of bust ups between the former manager and some of the top players at the club.
Before his sack, Mourinho was able to qualify United for the knockout stage of this season's UEFA Champions League with a match to spare.
However, his side's performances in the Premier League has been nothing to write home about - winning seven and drawing five of their last 17 matches.
His side were also unable to beat any top four teams so far - with the likes of Tottenham, Man City and Liverpool winning by three goal margin.
Meanwhile, below are five key players who might benefit from the manager's departure from the club having had issues with the handler.
1. Paul Pogba - The World Cup winning midfielder was re-signed by Mourinho in 2016 from Juventus and they both worked together to win the Europa League and an EFL title in their first season.
Things went south between the two individuals in the second season with the manager openly criticising the midfielder after some of their matches.
This season, Mourinho stripped Pogba off assistant captaincy role owing to the player's attitude to the club.
2. Luke Shaw - The England international has made 12 Premier League appearances this term with a goal and an assist to his credit.
But before then, the left back was heavily scrutinised by the club's former boss, saying the defender is not his kind of player.
Mourinho's departure will however ensure the defender function better at his left back role with a chance to overlap more.
3. Alexis Sanchez - The Chilean joined Manchester United in January 2018 but has failed to functioned at his full capacity.
The former Barcelona and Arsenal superstar only has three Premier League goals all through 2018 - a feat that berates the two time Copa American champions.
With a new manager in charge of the club, Sanchez could return back to top form and fire the Red Devils back to glory days.
4. Romelu Lukaku - With a new manager in charge of the club, the Belgian could rediscover himself.
The former Chelsea and Everton striker has been more of a burden in United's attack - wasting so many chances and costing them games.
He has scored just six goals in 21 appearances for the Red Devils in all competitions this term - not too good for a striker
5. Mason Greenwood - The 17-year-old has been a stand out performer for Man United's U-19 team, scoring five goals in five appearances in the UEFA Youth League.
But he wasn't good enough for the former boss who never looked towards his side during his two and a half year reign at the club.
With a new manager coming in shortly, the youngster could be given a nod to shine at Old Trafford this term.