It is not uncommon in Ghana to have some pastors make scary declarations which they also call prophecies when a new year begins.
As usual, the year 2019 also came with some of these prophecies, and some of them have caused massive confusion among Ghanaians.
YEN.com.gh brings you seven of these prophecies which have been made so far since 2019 started.
1. Accidents: A pastor called King Kweku Williams, also called Prophet Solomon, prophesied that the year is going to witness fatal accidents on two major roads in Ghana. As earlier published by YEN.com.gh, the pastor said the Accra- Elubo and Brong Ahafo roads would see the accidents. He added that these could be averted if Ghanaians joined together to pray hard.
2. Chief Imam: Perhaps, the most controversial of all the prophecies was the one made about the national chief imam. Rev Owusu Bempah, who also calls himself the prophet of the nation claimed that the chief imam would die this year. However, his prophecy was not taken lightly by some Muslim youth group who attacked the Odorkor branch of his church in Accra. Though Bempah himself was absent during the attack, his security man was nearly lynched. He has thus asked for weapons to protect himself if the church wanted him to continue with that job. Meanwhile, the chief imam has urged Muslims to forgive Owusu Bempah.
3. Pastors to die: Prophet Solomon once again claimed that some Ghanaian pastors will also lose their lives this year. Though he did not mention the names, he said one of them who is very prominent would also die and his death would shock the whole nation because of his fame. In Ghana, popular and prominent pastors include Mensah Otabil, Duncan- Williams, Dag Heward Mills, Sam Korankye Ankrah and others. He further called on all pastors to rise up in prayer so as to avoid the death sentence hanging on them.
4. Death of two former presidents: Both Rev. Owusu Bempah and Prophet Solomon said two former presidents of Ghana will die in this year. Though Bempah mentioned the names John Kufuor and John Mahama, Solomon refrained from mentioning names. Bempah also claimed that vice president Bawumia would also die. But his family responded to the prophecy saying the vice president feared Allah and not death.
5. Akufo-Addo’s death: Owusu Bempah again claimed that if the president does not proceed with building the national cathedral, he would also die. He claimed that there was death hovering around Akufo-Addo, and it is only by the construction of the national cathedral that his life would be spared.
6. Death of musicians: Another controversial pastor, Prophet Nigel Gaisie, also claimed that musicians Kuami Eugene, Kidi, Patapaa, Kwesi Arthur and others would die in 2019. His prophecy has infuriated the young musicians so much that Kuami Eugene said he was disappointed in him for making it public. He had wished Nigel would call them and tell them about it in private than trying to make a name for himself with such a public prophecy. According to Kuami Eugene, he was not scared about the prophecy because he also has a spiritual father to intercede for him.
7. Menzgold: Nigel Giasie also claimed that Nana Appiah Mensah would in no way pay for the money he owed Menzgold customers, therefore, they should forget the money. This prophecy is sure to break the heart of Ghanaians who have huge investments with Menzgold.
Ghana News Today: Sad Story of How Woman Lost Baby at Gov't Hospital In Kumasi | #Yencomgh
Have national and human interest issues to discuss?
Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition?
Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page
Click here to get the latest exciting English Premier League news. Get match highlights, reports, photos & videos all in one place