Several stories of how gas explosions have killed many has been reported on social media but unfortunately, people still fall victims of this unfortunate incident.
It is the joy of every parent to reap the fruits of their labor but such was not the case of Mildred Amadi’s parents.
The young lady reportedly died following a cooking gas explosion which took place on Thursday, December 27, 2018.
Amadi was a fresh Computer Science graduate from the University of Calabar (UNICAL). She reportedly died on Saturday morning, January 12.
READ ALSO: Juju priestess renounces her beliefs as she gives her life to Christ (photos)
According to her cousin, Amadi, who was meant to go for her NYSC in March, had gone to braid her hair at a multipurpose hall in Rukpokwu Rumuiwechiorlu, Port Harcourt, Rivers state.
While there, a boy was said to have turned on a camp gas and stepped out to get a lighter. Upon his return, he was warned against igniting the burner of the camp gas, since so much gas had already escaped.
However, the boy ignored the warnings and told them that nothing would happen. But immediately he ignited it, there was an explosion and late Amadi was badly affected. She was rushed to Bridgestone Hospital in Port Harcourt, where she died this morning.
Her cousin further disclosed that the deceased was the only daughter of her mom, never wanted to make her hair but her mom persuaded her to, so that she would look good.
READ ALSO: She was my school mate - Moesha cries after Michy leaks photos of her attacker 'Those-called-celebs'
Yenkasa: What Did You Do Before, During and After Christmas?| #Yencomgh:
Do you have a story to share with us? Inbox us on our Facebook/Instagram page and we could feature your story.
Click here to get the latest exciting English Premier League news. Get match highlights, reports, photos & videos all in one place