The latest trend in Ghana now is the '10-year-challenge' where people share old photos of themselves comparing them with how they look now.
Some Ghanaian celebrities have joined the trend and have shared their throwback photos accordingly.
Interestingly, while some of them look the same, and others have not changed that much, some of them have completely changed in terms of looks, and appear ‘unrecognisable’.
In no particular order, YEN.com.gh brings you 10 of these celebrities who have taken part in this 10-year-challenge.
1. Nana Ama McBrown: For the respected actress, she has not changed much except to say she has grown slimmer now as compared to her body size 10 years ago.
Though she looks more sophisticated in terms of her dressing and make up today, it is good to note also that her makeup then was still super!
This goes a long way to explain Nana Ama’s good taste for fashion. She has risen to become one of Ghana’s most successful actresses. She is currently an ambassador for about 10 brands.
2. Kwaku Manu: For the Kumawood actor, his appearance alone in the 10-year-old photo has given his fans some good laugh.
He is seen wearing trousers that looked like ‘hold my thigh and leave my legs’, which was in vogue during that time.
His facial expression is another thing that has got his followers talking on social media. Today, Kwaku Manu is a renowned actor here in Ghana, especially in Kumasi, where he has acted a lot of movies with stars like Nana Ama McBrown and Akrobeto.
3. Moesah Boduong: Moesha looks nearly unrecognizable in this photo, and perhaps a person might have to take a second look at it before realizing that she is the one.
She looks bigger today in terms of physique, and also more beautiful. She also shared photos she took with other celebrities including football legend, Didier Drogba.
4. Patapaa: The ‘One Corner’ hitmaker has also joined the trend and shared a photo. His case is a bit special because he shared a photo that goes beyond 10 years ago. Patapaa has changed a bit and he looked really cool when he was young as compared to his character now.
5. Asamoah Gyan: In a brief caption accompanying his '10-year-challenge' photo, Asamoah Gyan wrote that God has been good to him, indicating that his ten-year journey has been a successful one.
Unlike his sophisticated look today, Gyan looked ‘ordinary’ then and did not even wear earrings like he wears now. Recently, he was heavily in the news following a marital issue he had with his beautiful wife, Gifty Gyan.
6. Funny Face: The comic actor appeared unrecognisable in his 10-year-old photo. He was also very lean and his facial expression looked like he was crying. He himself noted this when he wrote: “#10yearsChallenge ... 10 years ago the king of Children was smiling but it looks like he is crying Never give up in life ... one day one day ur story will change ❤️ #ChildrenPresident#MrHappiness #childrenambassador.”
7. Prince David Osei: It seems Prince David Osei started this whole 10-year-challenge- which is trending on social media now. He had earlier shared photos of him with Yvonne Nelson and Martha Ankomah celebrating a decade of knowing them as colleagues.
According to him, even though they have been friends for many years, he has not attempted to ‘touch’ any of them before.
8. Yvonne Nelson: For Yvonne Nelson, she still looks beautiful in her 10-year-old photo except that she has put on weight currently due to the birth of her daughter, Ryn Roberts. She has not left out her smile all these years. Apart from her weight gain, Yvonne has not changed at all.
9. Martha Ankomah: The GTP brand ambassador has also changed in terms of her weight. She now looks bigger and more sophisticated than she did 10 years ago.
10. Berla Mundi: The GHOne Television presenter has also joined the bandwagon and shared a cute photo. Berla looked bigger then than now. Her smile has not changed except that she looked ‘smaller’, perhaps, she is on a slimming course.
Yenkasa: What Do You Think About Prophecies? | #Yencomgh
Have national and human interest issues to discuss?
Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition?
Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page.
Click here to get the latest exciting English Premier League news. Get match highlights, reports, photos & videos all in one place.