News reports of the Economic and Organised Crime Office (EOCO) seizing all assets belonging to the CEO of Menzgold, Nana Appiah Mensah, went viral on Tuesday, January 29, 2019.
EOCO had confiscated all of his property including NAM1’s two mansions, his luxurious cars, offices and others.
Not only NAM1 was the target, but also all those who might have received property from him one way or the other.
These people, according to a media release by EOCO, are friends, family, employees and close associates of NAM1.
Some of these employees include the musicians and movie stars who were signed on to Zylofon Music, and so they would obviously be affected by EOCO’s order.
They include Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy, Becca, Joyce Blessing, Kumi Guitar, Benedicta Gafah, and others.
YEN.com.gh brings you how the above mentioned people’s life would take a complete turn with EOCO’s action against NAM1
1. Shatta Wale: Shatta Wale’s signing onto the Zylofon Music record label was heralded by massive publicity. The day itself was not a small thing in Ghana as it took over all entertainment shows.
Shatta Wale, according to reports, received a new mansion with a swimming pool, a Rolls Royce car and ₵1.5 million as the cash for the agreement. However, with this new directive by EOCO, Shatta Wale would have to give away all these luxuries and go back to his old way of life.
Fortunately for him, he has made more money on his own to live comfortably without necessarily depending on NAM1. He himself had often boasted on social media about being the only Ghanaian musician with 2 mansions which all had swimming pools. He has also touted himself as the richest musician in Ghana.
2. Stonebwoy: Like Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy was reportedly given a house and some cars by NAM1. He was even on the record label before Shatta Wale joined earlier in 2018. With the current state of NAM1, Stonebwoy would also have to forfeit all these assets.
3. Becca: In fact, Becca seems to be the highest beneficiary of all of NAM1’s employees. In 2017, a concert was held in her honour to celebrate her 10-year existence in the music industry. A whopping amount of $1 million was reportedly spent on that event which had top musicians coming all over from Nigeria to perform.
There was also bus branding, huge billboards and media publicity for the show which cost NAM1 lots of money. She was also made the public relations officer for NAM1, and so she had the privilege to travel around the world with him.
However, as soon as he landed in trouble, Becca deleted all of NAM1’s photos and posts from her Instagram and even unfollowed him on social media.
Reports have it that her beauty spa, Kora Spa located at East Legon opposite the A&C Mall, was also financed by NAM1. If that is the case, then Becca risks losing that to EOCO.
4. Joyce Blessing: She also owns a house and some cars given to her by NAM1 which she needs to give away to EOCO. Some of Joyce Blessings' posts as seen by YEN.com.gh do not show that she was sympathising with her former boss NAM1 in all of his troubles.
She had engaged in a fracas with the record label last year when she was refused an amount of GHC32,000 to launch a foundation on her birthday.
She stated bluntly that she was disappointed in Zylofon for refusing to honour her that way, and complained that Becca was given a huge sum for her spa.
Joyce Blessing has currently joined Atinka FM just a day after EOCO's announcement.
5. Benedicta Gafah: For Benedicta, many people wonder what purpose she served at Zylofon because she was not seen in movies. She also was given a house and cars by NAM1 which she also needs to return to EOCO.
6. Kumi Guitar: Kumi had often boasted about being NAM1’s ‘first born’, in that, he started Zylofon Music. According to Kumi, he was the one who sold the record label idea to NAM1 which offered the others the privilege to join.
Kumi Guitar himself spilled these secrets when he had a fight with Stonebwoy following a misunderstanding he had with Bulldog.
Working formerly as a taxi driver, Kumi Guitar revealed that his whole survival depended on NAM1, and so he would not allow Stonebwoy to rob him of that.
Meanwhile, NAM1’s father has threatened to kill anyone who benefitted from his son’s money but now calling him names.
According to the aggrieved father, some politicians took as much as $50million from NAM1 for their own interests.
He has threatened that if those people do not admit taking money from his son and continue to insult him, he would summon Nogokpo and Antoa to kill them.
Ghana News Today: Kidnap Cases Rock Ghana / Pentecost Church Bans Pre-Wedding Shoots| #Yencomgh
Have national and human interest issues to discuss?
Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition?
Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page.
Click here to get the latest exciting English Premier League news. Get match highlights, reports, photos & videos all in one place.