In Ghana and across the world, International Women's Day was celebrated yesterday, March 8, 2019.
The theme for the celebration was "Think equal, build smart, innovate for change” coupled with an active campaign under the hashtag #BalanceForBetter.
In Ghana, government agencies, non-profit organisations and women from various aspects of life marked the day with several activities.
One way that people send out powerful messages and wish all women well is a post on social media.
Some Ghanaian celebrities like the norm took to Instagram to express their joy for the celebration, celebrate women and urge women on.
Here, YEN .com,gh brings to you how ten top female celebrities in Ghana marked the International Women's Day on Instagram.
1. UN Goodwill Ambassador and founder of Glitz Africa Fashion Week, Claudia Lumor marked the day with an empowerment program at Chorkor, Accra.
2. Actress and writer, Lydia Forson sent a strong message to mark the IWD
3. Ghanaian lawyer and entrepreneur, Sandra Ankobiah blessed all women to celebrate the IWD
4. Founder of GUBA Awards, Dentaa Amoanteng cheered up strong women by reposting a beautiful photo of her daughters
5. Actress and TV presenter, Joselyn Dumas urged women to close the dream gap as she marked IWD
6. With a powerful message, Actress and Public Relations Expert, Naa Ashorkor Mensah celebrated women to mark IWD
7. Actress, Jackie Appiah wished all amazing and strong women the best on IWD
8. Actress and producer, Yvonne Nelson shared a beautiful photo of her family as she marked IWD
9. Actress, Yvonne Okoro shared a rather interesting message to mark IWD
10. Actress, Martha Ankomah urged all to inspire a girl child in commemoration of IWD
I don't do secular music. I do good music with good themes: Kuami Eugene - Star Gist| #Yencomgh
Have national and human interest issues to discuss?
Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition?
Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page.