Mampong spiritualist shoots himself dead after bulletproof charm fails him

Mampong spiritualist shoots himself dead after bulletproof charm fails him

A spiritualist has died in a failed attempt at proving the durability of the protection of his gods and perhaps, showing off, when a shot penetrated through his supposed charm that was meant to be his bulletproof. has it that Isaac Mensah, also known as Oboy Jesus, was the one who shot himself. The date is not clear but reports say the incident occurred during the third weekend of March, 2019.

The deceased, it is reported, was a bit of a braggart about the powers that his gods could grant him.

Mensah was only 19 but a popular self-styled spiritualist in his village of Atonsuogya, near the town of Mampong in the Ashanti region.

ATTENTION: The Amazing Cast Of Game Of Thrones In Then And Now (PHOTOS)

When the incident occurred, the people present, the village's assemblyman and an Owusu Isaac, rushed Mensah to the hospital but the spiritualist's charms failed him.

Read also

Legal practitioner John Ndebugri reported dead after a short illness

READ ALSO: Meet the 21-year-old Ghanaian lady who is building and selling houses

The body has so far been been deposited at the nearby government hospital’s morgue for autopsy.

Failed bulletproof showmanship for fetish priest
African spiritualists are known to try extreme activities in order to prove the potency of their charms. Photo credit:
Source: UGC

Meanwhile, a one-year-old baby who was stolen from his mother at the Takoradi Market Circle in the Western Region has been rescued by the police.

Reports suggest little Francis Mawusi Ahiabenu was rescued by the Western Regional SWAT Team after a tip off.

Sources within the police said he was found in Effiekuma Zongo at around 11pm Monday, March 25, 2019.

READ ALSO: Stonebwoy and wife reveal name of son as L Janam Joachim Satekla Jnr

The woman who allegedly stole the baby, together with her accomplice, a guy believed to be a Togolese, have been arrested.

The baby has since been released to his parents after being examined at the Effia-Nkwanta Regional Hospital.

Read also

20-year-old GH man sentenced to 15 years in prison for stealing iPhone 7 worth GH₵2,500

Ghana Nti: I Can't think far about the capacity of Ghana's police service | #Yencomgh:

Subscribe to watch new videos

Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page.


Online view pixel