Information available to YEN.com.gh suggests that 60 students of Archbishop Porter Girls Senior High School, who were rushed to the Holy Child Hospital at Fijai, are doing well.
Pulse.com.gh reports that the students were rushed to the hospital after they started complaining of stomach pains whiles some had diarrhoea.
The incident occurred on Thursday, March 28, 2019, after the students had reportedly consumed sauce, which had been refrigerated by a vegetable seller.
READ ALSO: NPP is still in the campaign mood - Elvis Afriyie Ankrah
The school authorities and the health officials say the situation is currently under control, hence no cause for alarm.
Medical Superintendent for Holy Child Hospital, Sylvester Fameye, confirmed the case of food poisoning, adding that 15 students had to be admitted due to their condition while others were treated and discharged.
He added “from the history we took, they bought vegetable sauce that was stored in a refrigerator by one seller in the school.”
READ ALSO: My marriage is on the verge of collapse - Top Ghanaian footballer
Ghana Nti: I can't think far about Ghana's energy sector| #Yencomgh
Want to be featured on YEN.com.gh? Send us a message on our Facebook page or on Instagram with your stories, photos or videos