The sad story of Manuel Junior Agogo will be a study case for someone in the future as life has proven to be very unpredictable.
Agogo is a retired footballer who played for Ghana and during his active days, he was regarded as one of Ghana’s best strikers.
In 2008, he won the hearts of many Ghanaians during the AFCON which was staged in Ghana.
Agogo scored the winning goal for Ghana in a 2-1 win over Nigeria in the quarter-finals clash.
In 2014, Agogo officially retired from active football but football fans were hit with sad news that the energetic striker had suffered a stroke.
Though he has recovered, he dropped a sad video on April 7, 2019, revealing that he can no longer use his right hand to write.
The said sad story broke the hearts of many Ghanaians.
As Agogo is known to be an energetic person, YEN.com.gh has put together 5 powerful photos of the 39 year-old footballer that prove that life is unpredictable.
1. Agogo during active days for the Black Stars in 2008:
2. At the AFCON 2008 where he became Ghana's poster boy:
3. During his time at Egyptian side Zamalek:
4. In this photo, he was recuperating after suffering stroke:
5. He is not afraid to flaunt his muscles:
6. Agogo doesn't joke with his training:
7. Agogo with Asamoah Gyan after Ghana's win over Nigeria during the 2008 AFCON:
Yenkasa: Can the Gh. Cedi ever catch-up with the U.S. Dollar?| #Yencomgh
Have national and human interest issues to discuss?
Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition?
Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page.