- Family of dead military couple have made demands from the government
- They want the government to help the 12-year-old son of the deceased to get to where his parents wanted him to be
The family of the military officers who perished in last week's flood in Accra is asking the government to assist in taking care of their 12-year-old son.
Kingsley Kuadzi, brother of dead military woman said, although they (the family) are grateful the government has committed to allowing the boy to stay in the home of his parents till he completes JHS, they also need financial assistance to see him through his education.
He told Joy News’ Hannah Odame it is through no fault of the couple that they had to die all of a sudden leaving behind their son.
“They can give out a scholarship or if it is a fund that we can all contribute to that will be very helpful.
As taxpayers, we pay our tax for government to fix our roads and drain. So, if that has not been achieved and this happens to our beloved sister and brother-in-law, all we can ask from government is to help the 12-year-old to get to where his parents wanted him to be,” he stated.
The bodies of S/Sgt Arthur Jabez, 45 and his wife WO II Sarah Kuadzi, 40, were among the seven retrieved from flood waters by the National Disaster Management Organisation (NADMO), after heavy rains on April 14, 2019.
They were travelling in a military pick up from a funeral in Tema when their vehicle got caught in the flood waters at a suburb along the motorway known as Adjei-Kojo.
The couple left behind their son, Bill Clinton Nana Arthur, who is currently in Junior High School.
Speaking to Joy News, Bill Clinton Nana Arthur, said, losing his parents had been tough but his uncles and aunties have been with him through it all and pledged to take care of him.
Yenkasa: Kwahu ooo Kwahu: How Ghana's Easter hub prepares for the celebration | #Yencomgh
Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page.