- Sam Udoetuk Wills, the main suspect in the case of the missing Takoradi girls, has been sent to court
- He was surrounded by security men as family members of the kidnapped girls once tried to attack him
The prime suspect in the case of the three missing Takoradi girls, Sam Udoetuk Wills, has been taken to court.
He was dragged to the Takoradi Market Circle District Court, after failing to appear at two earlier sittings over charges of jailbreak, destroying public property and resisting arrest.
The suspect, who arrived at the court under tight security, last appeared before the court on March 4, 2019, and he was almost attacked by the aggrieved families and friends of the kidnapped girls.
Judge Michael Ampadu, however, adjourned the case to April 1 and subsequently April 15, 2019.
Wills however, failed to appear as he was said to be assisting investigations into the whereabouts of the kidnapped girls.
At the previous sitting, the court asked Wills, with the assistance of the police and the BNI to locate his witnesses, Kwesi and John, whom he had earlier led security agencies on a wild-goose-chase without success.
Per a Citinewsroom.com, Wills, a few weeks ago, told the Takoradi District Court that an officer of the Criminal Investigations Department (CID) aided his escape.
READ ALSO: Obinim denials allegations he beat his wife
He told the court that he would be able to identify the CID officer who aided his escape if he is presented in a parade.
The Western Regional Police Command subsequently set up a committee to investigate these claims.
The girls who were kidnapped have been identified as Ruth Quayson, Priscilla Blessing Bentum and Priscilla Koranchie.
Their abductions have sparked anger against the police from some residents of the Sekondi-Takoradi metropolis.
Families of the victims have threatened protests against the police over delays and their possible complicity in the kidnappings.
Ghana News Today: Okyeame Kwame's Made in Ghana Album launch| #Yencomgh