- 10 wedding guests have been found dead and 20 hospitalised in Imo
- Reports claim that the tragedy occurred after the guests were left to inhale generator fumes overnight
- It was gathered the the guests were hosted by the newly-wed couple who placed their generator in the kitchen and locked all doors and windows
Reports reaching YEN.com.gh state that a celebration of love has turned into mourning after 10 wedding guests died and twenty others got hospitalised on June 10, in Umuomumu Mbieri, Mbaitoli local government area of Imo state.
The Nation reports that a newly-wed couple hosted their wedding guests from Anambra and had them pass the night at their home after the wedding ceremony.
Due to failure of power supply, they ran their generator overnight and put it in the kitchen, locking all doors and windows.
By morning, ten of the guests were found dead while twenty others were rushed to Ikeduru General Hospital in Imo after having inhaled excess generator fumes.
It was reported that Rabiu Ladodo, Imo state commissioner of police, confirmed the development and stated that “the generator was on in the kitchen while the doors and widows of the rooms the guests slept were locked.
“It is a case of sudden and natural death but we have commenced an investigation. Assistance is being rendered to the survivors."
Generator fumes are known to be parked with carbon-dioxide which when inhaled in excess by human cause damage to internal organs.
Ghana News Today: Shatta Wale - Stonebwoy clash at 2019 VGMA| #Yencomgh:
Have national and human interest issues to discuss? Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition?
Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page