Government has condemned the recent attacks by a group of Ghanaian youth who forcibly shut down shops owned and operated by Nigerians at the Suame Magazine in Kumasi in the Ashanti Region.
According to Minister of Information, Kojo Oppong Nkrumah, if any Nigerian violates the laws, the appropriate authorities would have to deal with them.
He added that it was not right for any Ghanaian to take the law into their own hands and assault them.
Kojo Oppong Nkrumah made this known in an interview on Accra FM as he condemned the act
"If someone has violated the law, for instance, you work without a fire licence or permit, then the law will deal with you.
Let me stress that the Ministry of Trade and the Ghana Immigration Service are dealing with the situation," he said.
The Chairman of the Nigerian Union of Traders Association, Chief Kizito Obiora, said they have been under attack since last week Thursday, June 13, 2019.
The Nigerian traders said they have been targeted, ostensibly for the involvement of Nigerians in the recent alleged kidnappings in Ghana.
The Nigerian retailers said their members are living in fear following the incessant attacks on them.
Ghana News Today: J.H.S. Students go jolly as 2019 BECE ends | #Yencomgh
Have national and human interest issues to discuss?
Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition?
Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page.