- The former mayor of London, Boris Johnson, has been elected prime minister of the United Kingdom
- His election to the top position followed the resignation of his predecessor, Theresa May
- Before getting elected, he was the Mayor of London and later became the Foreign Secretary
YEN.com.gh brings you 13 interesting facts you probably did not know about the new UK prime minister.
Below are the 13 interesting facts:
1. Boris, who is a popular historian, was awarded a scholarship to Eton after being recruited to the Englad U20s, Tiddlywinks team
2. He made his fortune for selling the recipe for the steak bake to Gregg’s.
3. Boris still holds the record for the most donuts eaten in one sitting in the House of Commons canteen, scoffing 14 during one lunchtime in 2002.
4. The new prime minister has never seen ‘Star Wars’ because the Ewoks are too scary and give him nightmares.
5. He originally became an MP when he showed up to deliver a pizza and could not find the exit.
6. The new prime minister's only friend is a stick insect named Trevor and he died 14 years ago.
7. Boris always carries his lucky brick which he has slept with since he was four years old.
8. Boris has stated that his desire to leave the EU is rooted in a deep dislike of Brussels sprout.
9. Even though Boris is an avid historian, Boris' chosen subject on celebrity mastermind was "viz comics through the years".
10. The new prime minister's full name is Alexander Boris de Waffle Vaudeville Chlorine Betamax Slytherin McDuck-Johnson III
11. His hair is constantly trying to escape from his head, reason why it is so messy.
12. He was said to have voted for the Church of the Militant Elvis Party because he was trying to vote conservative and missed.
13. The new prime minister thinks hot dogs are made from boiled retriever, reason why he has never tried a hot dog.
Star Gist: Exclusive Chat With Ayigbe Edem | #Yencomgh
Have national and human interest issues to discuss?
Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition?
Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page.