- Martin Amidu's outfit has made public a list of corruption cases it has investigated and prosecuted
- The SP's office also opined there have been no acquittals and convictions yet
- Meanwhile, the OSP revealed that it has currently investigated two corruption cases and charged the accused for court
Special Prosecutor's office has published cases of corruption his outfit has successfully prosecuted and the ones that are still being investigated.
According to the OSP, two accused persons have been arraigned before court over two corruption cases.
The Office listed the cases it has prosecuted as:
READ ALSO: NDC MP builds aluminum factory with ex-gratia
1. The Republic v (1) Mahama Ayariga (2) Kendrick Akasi Marfo - (investigated jointly with EOCO)(2) The Republic v (1) Hajia Hawa Ninchema (2) Sumaila Ewuntomah Abudu (3) Alex Avade (4) Alhaji Abdul-Mumuni Jesewunde (5) Mary-Stella Adapesa (6) Mumuni Yakubu Nambe (7) Mahama Ayariga.
The Special Prosecutor’s Office also published a list of cases that it is still investigating. They are:
(1) The Republic v Mahama Ayariga (2) The Republic v (1) Hajia Hawa Ninchema (2) Sumaila Ewuntomah Abudu (3) Alex Avade (4) Alhaji Abdul-Mumuni Jesewunde (5) Mary-Stella Adapesa (6) Mumuni Yakubu Nambe (7) Mahama Ayariga
In July, the SP, Martin Amidu threatened to sue the heads of public institutions who are making his work difficult.
In a letter, Mr. Amidu lamented the lack of cooperation on the part of some public institution heads.
READ ALSO: Explainer: Why government suspended PDS' agreement
He, therefore, warned that he may be forced to resort to legal action in order to get them to corporate and release any information he needs.
Ghana News Today: Major Sinkhole Develops on the Madina-Tetteh Quarshie Highway | #Yencomgh
READ ALSO: Ghana lost $10 billion to illegal Rosewood logging
Have national and human interest issues to discuss? Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition? Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page.