Transfer News: The summer window came to a close on Monday, September 2 in Europe as players scampered across clubs to secure last minute deals.
The most anticipated deal that did not materialize was Neymar leaving Paris Saint-Germain to join Barcelona or Real Madrid.
However, players like Mauro Icardi rescued his career after sealing a move with the French champions on deadline day.
On the other hand, there were interesting big money deals that occurred which got fans and pundits excited.
READ ALSO: N'Golo Kante shows up as surprise guest in Chelsea fan daughter's wedding
Here are the top ten most expensive transfers at the just concluded summer window
1. Joao Félix - Benfica to Atletico Madrid (€126m)
2. Antoine Griezmann - Atletico Madrid to Barcelona (€120m)
3. Eden Hazard - Chelsea to Real Madrid (€100m)
4. Harry Maguire - Leicester City to Manchester United (€88m)
5. Lucas Hernandez:- Atletico Madrid to Bayern Munich (€80m)
6. Nicolas Pépé - Lille to Arsenal (€79m)
7. Romelu Lukaku - Manchester United to Inter Milan (€77.9m)
8. Mathijs De Ligt - Ajax to Juventus (€75m)
9. Frenkie De Jong - Ajax to Barcelona (€75m)
10 Rodri - Atletico Madrid to Manchester City (€70m)
PAY ATTENTION: Install Pitch Football App for FREE to get the latest football News & Scores
Meanwhile,YEN.com.gh had earlier reported that Mauro Icardi moved to Paris Saint-Germain from Inter Milan on loan until the end of the season on deadline day.
The Argentine's deal could be made permanent by the French champions for a fee of £59million if they activate his buy out clause.
Yenkasa: Manuel Junior Agogo Receives Heartfelt Tributes | #Yencomgh