ECG takeover contract: PDS, MiDA cleared of fraud allegation

ECG takeover contract: PDS, MiDA cleared of fraud allegation

- The independent investigations into the ECG/PDS deal has revealed MiDA and PDS did no wrong

- Meanwhile the Government of Ghana has rejected the FTI report

- The investigation was carried out by the American and the Ghanaian sides of the power compact

There is no evidence of fraud in the Power Distribution Service’s (PDS) takeover of the Electricity Company of Ghana (ECG), an independent forensic probe into the case has said.

Joy News reports that sighted documents indicate that the private auditor hired by the Millennium Development Authority (MiDA), did not find any person or company culpable of conspiring to defraud the state.

Therefore, PDS, Cal Bank, Donewell and or personnel from MiDA have all been cleared.

READ ALSO: Robert Mugabe: The dark side of the late iconic African leader

The independent forensic probe into allegations fraud in the takeover of ECG by PDS was conducted by independent investigator, FIT Consulting.

The report suggests, FIT Consulting submitted its findings to MiDA on Tuesday, September 3 in an 11-point document.

Meanwhile, Daily Graphic is reporting that government and the board of MiDA have rejected the FTI report.

This is because investigations conducted by the American and the Ghanaian sides of the power compact had come to the conclusion that there was no valid guarantee.

In August, the Government of Ghana announced that it had suspended the concession agreement with PDS.

A statement signed by the Information Minister Kojo Oppong Nkrumah said the decision was taken after some fundamental and material breaches were detected on the part of PDS.

PDS had been in charge of the distribution of the country’s electricity, having taken over from the ECG.

READ ALSO: 3 items you need to make a deposit or withdrawal in Ghana

The government later announced that it was conducting a full enquiry and the outcome of the investigation will determine the next course of action after suspending its agreement with the PDS.

Read the findings from FIT Consulting’s probing here.

YEN.com.gh earlier reported that a Ghanaian-born US-citizen faces up to 20 years in prison for scamming women to the tune of $2.1m (£1.7m).

Rubbin Sarpong is alleged to have scammed his victims by claiming he is a US soldier stationed overseas. The 35-year-old, who lives in New Jersey, used social media and other dating websites for his exploits.

Faces of Ghana: Local Fisherman Bemoans the Effects of Fishing with Light| #Yencomgh

Subscribe to watch new videos

READ ALSO: Meet the Ghanaian surgeon healing hunchbacks for free

Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition? Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page.

Source: Yen.com.gh

Mailfire view pixel