- Some first year students who turned up at the Mfantsipim SHS were left stranded by authorities of the school
- The school's authorities claim the students who were placed in the school under the CSSPS were wrongly placed
- Most parents were agitated with the sudden turn of events at the school premises as they claimed that they had earlier been to the school when GES released placements
Some first year students who turned up at the Mfantsipim Senior High School (SHS) in the Central Region with their trunks and chop boxes on Sunday, September 15, 2019, with their parents were left stranded after by authorities of the school.
According to GraphicOnline.com, upon arrival at the school premises during the early hours of Sunday, they were asked to go back home.
The school's authorities claim the students who were placed in the school under the self-placement module of the Computerised School Selection Placement System (CSSPS) were wrongly placed.
Most parents were agitated with the sudden turn of events at the school premises as they claimed that they had earlier been to the school when GES released placements.
According to them, they were given prospectus and had gone out of their way to get those items within the shortest possible time to get their children report to school on the day they were told to report.
"When we came on Wednesday, they took our phone numbers and so if anything at all, they should have called us or sent us messages to that effect. The number of students doing visual arts on the notice board is just 22 so parents suspect there is more to it than meets the eye. They say they are not admitting but we have been given prospectus since last week to report today only to be given this news."
Meanwhile, earlier reports by the Ghana Education Service (GES) said no student was wrongly placed by the CSSPS.
According to the Deputy Director General in charge of Quality and Access, Kwabena Tandoh, students were placed according to their choice of schools.
In other news, the Minister of Finance, Kenneth Ofori-Atta,has signed a $23.8 million loan agreement with the Kuwait Fund for Arab Economic Development for the rehabilitation of the Dome-Kitase road.
The project would also provide an alternative route to road users thereby reducing traffic congestion on the two major roads.
Yenkasa: Should Police Personnel on Duty be Armed? | #Yencomgh
Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition? Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page.