- The death of Otumfuor's Asamponghene was news that really broke the hearts of many Ghanaians
- It was reported that his death was orchestrated by some people who owed him some money
- A businessman was reportedly the brain behind his attack
- His spouse, however, turned herself in when her husband was arrested in Burkina Faso
- According to reports, she collapsed in police custody
The Queen mother of Pakyi No. 1 in the Amansie West District of the Ashanti region, Nana Yaa Asantewaa Bonsu who has been indicted in the murder of Asamponghene few weeks ago, is said to have collapsed in police custody.
According to news reports, the queen mother turned herself in to the police in the Amansie West District, yesterday, Tuesday September 17, 2019, but collapsed later in the night while in their custody.
YEN.com.gh can report that she was rushed to the hospital immediately for treatment with heavy security by her bedside to make sure she doesn’t escape from their custody.
Alhaji Mohammed Sadat who is the prime suspect, who doubles as her husband, was arrested at Ouagadougou in Burkina Faso and handed over by INTERPOL to the Ghana Police to help in the investigation of the murder.
The suspect, in the person of Alhaji Mohammed Sadat, is said to be a businessman with whom the deceased had a business deal with.
Sadat is also said to be the last person to have been with the deceased shortly before he was murdered.
Yenkasa: What do you make of the 10% increment in transport fares | #Yencomgh
Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page.