- Some parents of a lady have stormed the University of Ghana Legon campus to catch a student who impregnated their daughter
- They were seen accompanying their daughter to school in a hasty manner
- Reports have it that the girl is pregnant and the parents decided to go to look for the student in the school
- There was chaos at the place as many students gathered to see what was going on
- Others took videos and photos of what was happening and urging the parents on
There was chaos at the University of Ghana Legon campus as the parents of a lady allegedly dragged her there to find the student who impregnated.
In a video circulating on social media and seen by YEN.com.gh, the parents were seen parading their daughter on the university campus.
They were seen storming a lecture hall where it was believed that the student who impregnated their daughter was.
Other students who were around had converged at the place amid shout and cheers.
They were heard chanting “Weremu, weremu, weremu”, an Akan language which means “enter”, urging the parents to enter the lecture halls to apprehend the student.
The mother of the pregnant girl was seen pushing the guy hard as he opened his hands to gesture that he was innocent.
This adds to the recent scandals that have rocked the university.
Two lectures, Dr. Butakor and Professor Gyampo, have been interdicted for allegedly indulging in “sex for grades”.
This follows a BBC investigative report which suggested that the lectures were sleeping with female students for grades.
Your favourite news website, YEN.com.gh, has been nominated for online portal of the year by the National Communications Awards. Please click here to vote and help us win.
Yenkasa: Should Children be Exposed to Comprehensive Sex Education? | #Yencomgh
Have national and human interest issues to discuss?
Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition?
Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page.