- Nicki Minaj has confirmed her marriage to Kenneth Petty after nearly a year of dating
- She shared a video on her Instagram account showing matching Mr and Mrs mugs alongside matching bride and groom baseball caps
- The rapper captioned the video with a series of wedding-related emojis, in addition to their perceived wedding dates
- Minaj and Petty first made their relationship Instagram-official in December 2018.
- Later on, in June 2019, Minaj revealed on her new Queen Radio show that she and Petty had gotten a marriage license
- She later announced her retirement from rap to focus on raising a family with the love of her life
Our Manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
Rapper Nicki Minaj can finally refer to Kenneth Petty as her husband without confusing everybody after dating for nearly one year.
Minaj announced the happy news by sharing a video of their matching bride and groom baseball caps and matching Mr and Mrs Coffee mugs.
The rapper made the announcement on Monday, October 21, by sharing the clip on her Instagram page confirming the date of their nuptials.
“Onika Tanya Maraj-Petty 10•21•19”, she captioned the clip keeping it simple.
The Starships rapper managed to pull the wool over her fans eyes by appearing to have tied the knot quietly on the same day.
This comes two months after the 36-year-old rapper changed her name to Mrs Petty on Twitter, sparking speculation they had already married.
Around that time, the Anaconda rapper confirmed she and Kenneth had obtained a marriage licence giving them less than 80 days to marry.
"I have to work on my album and I have a lot to focus on that I do not want to do the big wedding now. We’ll do the big wedding later," she said on her Queen Radio show.
Minaj and Petty have been dating since 2018, going Instagram-official with their relationship in December of that year.
Further reports by UK's Metro, show the love birds are not strangers to each other as they grew up together as teenagers in Queens, New York before they got back in contact and began dating.
In September 2019, the Grammy-winning rapper shocked fans when she announced she would be retiring from rap to settle down and start a family with Kenneth.
Their involvement made headlines due to Petty’s criminal past, which includes being registered as a level two sex offender on New York State’s sex offender registry.
Many fans have expressed concern over Petty’s criminal past, but Minaj doesn’t appear to care about the criticism.
Coincidentally, her ex-boyfriend Safaree Samuels, married Erica Mena, who is also expecting their first child together earlier in October.
Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition? Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page