The Presidential elections for the Ghana Football Association (GFA) has just been sent to a round off after the first round ended without any of the contestants making the 50% plus one votes.
Our Manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
Key contenders, Kurt Okraku, who is the Executive Chairman of Dreams FC and George Afriyie former vice president, polled 44 and 40 votes respectively.
Nana Yaw Amponsah polled 27 votes and former vice president, Fred Pappoe had six votes.
The other two contestants - Amanda Clinton and George Ankama Mensah got zero vote each.
In all, 120 delegates voted and these delegates will be drawn from:
* The Premier League (32 votes)
* Division One League 48 votes)
* Various Constituent Bodies such as
* Security Services Sports Association (SESSA) (1 vote)
* Referees Association (2 votes)
* Coaches Association (2 votes)
* Professional Footballers Association of Ghana (2 votes)
* Juvenile Clubs Association (2 votes)
* Beach Soccer Association (1 vote)
* Fustal (indoor football) association (1 vote)
* Schools and colleges (1 vote)
* Regional Football Associations (2 votes)
YEN.com.gh earlier reported embattled presidential aspirant for the GFA, Wilfred Kwaku Osei, has seen his request for an injunction on the FA’s elections rejected by the Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS).
The Court of Arbitration for Sports, however, noted that the substantive case raised by Osei will be heard at a later date.
Ghana News Today: The Moment Bola Ray And DKB Introduce Shatta Wale at Wonder Boy Concert | Yencomgh
Use the comments section below to share your views on this story. Do you have a story to share or you have information for us? Get featured on YEN.com.gh. Message us on Facebook or Instagram