Ladies and sometimes men obsess about having the best hair. This is not surprising therefore when people want to know how to strengthen hair naturally. The good news is that people have come up with tested and tried techniques that actually work.
A lot of people have come up with suggestions that work. These range from home remedies to chemical solutions. All these methods cater to the needs of diverse people. Consider the following 30 suggestions of hair growth tips and learn how best to strengthen weak hair too.
How to strengthen hair naturally at home
The good news is that you do not have to spend money making your hair work for you. What's more, you can always settle for methods that make use of the ingredients found around the house. Check out different YouTube tutorials to get started. Here are a few techniques that have been used and found to work.
1. Use an assortment of vegetable oils
When it comes to hair treatment, natural vegetable oils lad in excellence. They contain numerous nutrients that are easily absorbed into the scalp. These nutrients help nourish and restore damaged hair, especially those that have been affected by curling irons and colouring. Some of the best oil include olive, coconut, burr, jojoba, argan and rosemary oil just to mention a few. All of them are capable of bringing back natural hair shine.
There are two ways through which one can use the oils. The first is to make a mask while the second method involves regular oil application. In case you settle for masks, consider using the burr oil mask or the olive oil masks. Here is how you go about it.
Burr oil and egg yolk
For hair follicle problems, make a mix of 2 tablespoons of the burr oil and add an egg yolk. You need to massage the mixture into your scalp for a couple of minutes.
Make sure you rub it in to get to the skin as well as the curls. Keep your focus on the hair tips. You can then wash it using your normal shampoo. Doing this weekly will yield awesome results.
The second mask is made from mixing 3 tablespoons of olive oil with 5 drops of ylang-ylang essence. You then have to apply the mixture on your wet hair. Next, cover it using a normal shower cap. Let it sit for roughly 15 minutes before you thoroughly wash and rinse it.
Take note of the fact that vegetable hair treatment is best suited for dry and flaky follicles. Do not use it on oily hair as this will be a waste.
2. Onion juice
Using onion on your hair may seem scary at first but the benefits are immense. Onions have a lot of vitamins that your hair can gain from. In fact, it is one of the proven ways on how to grow hair faster. Consider the procedures below.
How to obtain the juice
To get the juice, start by grating 1 onion and then squeeze. Add 2 tablespoons of either castor or burr oil. Add another 2 teaspoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice, and one mashed banana; you can use a fork.
The next step is to take the mixture and apply, starting with the roots to tips. Leave it on for approximately 15 minutes before washing it out. This mask is ideal for anyone with weakened hair, especially if they have oily roots.
If you have been wondering about how to strengthen hair roots then consider the onion juice mask. Onion can strengthen, heal and rejuvenate hair. In addition to that, it will trigger the acceleration of its growth and stop hairless ordeals. If you have curls then the structure will improve significantly.
One thing you have to deal with is the smell of onion which will be impossible to get rid of especially when it gets wet. Other than that, learn how to make hair thicker and fuller with natural home remedies that work.
3. Eggs for the Afro
Do you ever wonder how to get thick hair for your Afro curls? Well, you can use the egg-treatment or shampoo remedy. This is one of the easiest home remedies for hair growth and thickness, especially with curly hair.
The first thing you need to do is to make your egg shampoo and replace it with the ordinary one at least twice a month. To do this, beat two egg yolks. To them, add 2 teaspoons of purified water as well as 2 to 3 drops of essential oils that you prefer.
Alternatively, use an egg-yolk mask treatment every once in a while. You need 2 yolks, 1 tablespoon of castor oil, 2 tablespoons of honey, and one teaspoon of brandy. Heat the mixture and apply it from the roots upwards until you reach the tips. Cover it with a plastic shower cap or bag and a terry towel on top. Let it sit for an hour or two before washing with your ordinary shampoo.
4. Use pure coconut oil
Coconut is loaded with hair-boosting vitamins such as potassium, iron, proteins and other crucial essential minerals. It repairs, prevents breakage and fixes dandruff issues.
- Use clear coconut oil or milk at night. Let it stay overnight before shampooing it the next morning
- You can also choose to use a coconut mask. Mash a banana. To it add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and a tablespoon of sour cream. Mix the ingredient properly, heat and apply. Let it sit for a maximum of 45 minutes before rinsing it off.
5. Use natural honey
Honey comes with numerous beneficial properties including a few natural remedies for hair growth. Honey works as a mask, a lightener and a generally curling agent. You can either make a mask or use it as a conditioner.
For the conditioner, mix 100 g of hot water bath honey with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Use the mixture to massage in your scalp and let it sit for 40 to 50 minutes. Rinse it off with mild shampoo. It will strengthen, moisturize and stimulate hair growth, giving it the bounce and shine you want.
Alternatively, use the honey- aloe mask. Mix equal measures of each of the ingredients and apply for 10 minutes before rinsing. Do this twice a week and notice the improvement. It is one of the easiest ways of how to strengthen hair at home. Make a lot of the mask and store in the fridge for easy use.
6. Avocado mask
The avocado fruit has numerous uses for skin, body and hair. One of the most reliable hair fall tips is to make a mask using avocado. Use a mashed ripen fruit. To it, add a tablespoon of either jojoba or olive oil and a tablespoon of yoghurt.
Mix and use it once a week to keep your hair Afro curls healthy. You can also choose to massage avocado oil into your scalp twice a week for intense moisture.
7. Use mayonnaise for moisture
Dry and freckled hair benefit from this. Apply a bit of Mayonnaise in wet hair and leave it for an hour before rinsing and applying oil regularly.
8. Use pure yoghurt
Apply natural yoghurt on the hair and scalp. Massage it and cover it with a towel for 20 minutes before rinsing. This is one of the best ways on how to keep hair healthy and moist.
9. Use rye bread to strengthen and boost hair growth
The vitamin B in rye bread helps create the right balances in hair, clean it and strengthen the hair thus preventing hair loss. You should break some of the bread and soak it in water, add some camphor and then cover with a plastic bag and towel then let it st for one hour. Shampoo and rinse thoroughly to get rid of bead crumbs.
10. Deep condition with apple cider vinegar(ACV)
Boost your hair's pH balance using ACV. Mixing a cup of water and two teaspoons of ACV helps get rid of accumulated dirt. Apply it to your hair and rinse after shampooing.
11. Lemon juice for hair loss treatment
Squeeze fresh lemon juice and add to a cup of water. Apply and then shampoo after some time before rinsing. It works just like the ACV.
READ ALSO: Male Ghanaian hairdresser wins customers with innovation
Simple daily tricks that strengthen hair
Apart from the above-mentioned home remedies for hair, there are simple everyday tricks that could help you maintain healthy hair. These include:
12. Reducing heat. Avoid subjecting your hair to heat unless it is mandatory.
13. Adopt protective styles such as cornrows and braids that will not strain your hairline always.
14. Choose specific products for your hair type and use them during your regular care routine.
15. Make a habit of treating your scalp every 2 weeks.
16. Eat the right foods. Invest in proteins and foods packed with zinc and omega oils as they should be incorporated in your meals daily.
17. Let your hair dry whenever possible. Damp hair weakens strands and leads to volume loss.
18. Avoid harsh products and discontinue immediately in case you notice any strain on the hair.
19. Trim regularly to encourage fuller and faster growth.
20. Use a silk pillowcase as opposed to a cotton one.
21. Use a blow-drier after washing. Avoid towels no matter how soft they are as they tend to damage damp hair strands.
22. Remember to let your hair down once in a while to allow it to breathe.
23. Try to avoid daily wash especially if you have long hair as this robs it of essential oils.
24. Eat ginger regularly. The magnesium, phosphorous and potassium in ginger is crucial for healthy hair.
25. Fix scalp disorder if any.
26. Comb your hair twice daily.to entangle it.
27. Include fenugreek seeds to your diet
28. Load up on Vitamin C
29. Consider visiting a dermatologist if you scalp problems.
30. Invest in supplements that will help your hair grow. You may need to talk to a doctor about this.
As you seek all potential hair strengthening techniques, your focus and approach should be wholesome. Avoid quick fixes. Even as you understand how to strengthen hair, keep in mind that patience is needed in it all.
Disclaimer: All the information contained in this article is not implied or intended to be a substitute for any professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All content including text, images, graphics, and information contained on or available through this page is for general information purposes.'
- Latest rasta braids styles 2019
- Male Ghanaian hairdresser wins customers with innovation
- How to style finger waves hairstyles