22-year-old billionaire Kylie Jenner sells majority stake in her cosmetic brand for GHC3.45 million

22-year-old billionaire Kylie Jenner sells majority stake in her cosmetic brand for GHC3.45 million

- Beauty product giant Coty Inc. has bought a 51% stake in Jenner's company while the reality TV star still solely owns the other 49%

- Coty will now have overall responsibility for Jenner's brand and she will continue to lead creative efforts and communications

- The youngest and richest of the Kardashian-Jenner family, she started her make up line in 2015

- She was named the world's youngest self-made billionaire of all time with an estimated net worth of $1 billion

- Her products were only sold online when they were first launched but in 2018, the brand struck a deal to sell its goods in 1,100 Ulta Beauty stores across the U.S

- The star, who up until now outsourced production and sales for her company, mostly promotes her cosmetics via social media

Youngest self-made billionaire Kylie Jenner is selling a majority stake of her beauty business to the CoverGirl owner, Coty.

The deal will value the reality TV star’s company at about $1.2bn (KSh 122.1 billion) after Coty said that it would pay $600m for a 51% stake in Kylie Cosmetics.

READ ALSO: Husband files lawsuit against supposed prophetess-wife who drinks and cheats on him

READ ALSO: Lady reveals why she loves to 'get down with' her best friend's boyfriend

Making the announcement on Monday, November 18, the CoverGirl owner said it plans to launch more products under the Kylie brand and sell them in more countries around the world.

“I’m excited to partner with Coty to continue to reach even more fans of Kylie Cosmetics and Kylie Skin around the world,” Jenner said.

The deal is expected to be completed in early 2019.

READ ALSO: Evin King: Man receives $1.3m compensation for being wrongly imprisoned for 23 years

Coty hopes that the celebrity-backed business will help boost its sales and connect with younger shoppers under the age of 35, a group that traditional makeup brands have struggled to reach.

It said that Jenner was not a fad, citing her brand’s growing sales and social media followers.

Coty’s other brands, including Max Factor makeup and Sally Hansen nail polish, have been around for decades.

READ ALSO: Nnemdi Ozoemena: Nigerian teenager emerges 2nd best in 2019 Commonwealth Essay Competition

The 22-year-old, who is the youngest sister of Kim Kardashian West, will still be the face of the brand and be involved in creating new products.

Jenner, who is part of the Keeping Up with the Kardashians reality show family, founded her company in 2015.

She tapped into her hundreds of millions of social media followers to promote her popular lip liners and liquid lipsticks.

READ ALSO: Pregnant @ 15: Actress Taiwo Ajai-Lycett narrates heartbreaking life story Read more:

Forbes reported that she made $360 million in sales in 2018, making her the youngest self-made billionaire ever.

She faced backlash after being named a self-made billionaire but defended herself saying that none of her money has come from inheritance.

Her online influence is so powerful that she reduced Snapchat's stock market value by $1.3bn when she tweeted that she does not use the app anymore.

Meanwhile, a homeless man by name Larry Green was treated like a king after he was picked up by a lady who was in no way related to him. In a video report cited by YEN.com.gh on Instagram, Larry has been homeless for 20 years.

Hurray! YEN.com.gh has won the ‘Online News Portal of the Year” award at NCA awards 2019. Click here to view the beautiful photos.

Ghana News Today: Ex-trotro driver becomes one of Legon's best graduating students | #Yencomgh

Subscribe to watch new videos

Have national and human interest issues to discuss?

Get interactive via our Facebook page.

Source: Yen News

Mailfire view pixel