December is considered a festive season in Ghana which is packed with several entertainment and music concerts.
Our Manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
This December 2019 the country is going to be flooded with foreigners as we celebrate Christmas because of the ‘Year of Return’ campaign which is still on-going.
People will also be coming home for vacation to spend time with their families, friends and loved ones.
Several Ghanaians will also take the opportunity of the festive month to entertain themselves as the year comes to an end. Most of them will consider partying at the big shows that will take place during that period.
Below are some of the big events or shows you can’t afford to miss this December:
1. December to Remember (D2R): Decemba 2 Rememba, is an annual concert organized by Citi FM, and hosts the most sought-after artistes and entertainers on one stage.
This year, there will be a host of artistes like Kofi Kinaata, Tulenkey, Dope Nation, Kelyvn Boy and Praye among others. The event will take place on December 24, 2019, at the Fantasy Dome, Trade Fair.
2. Rapperholic: Rapperholic 2019: Unstoppable Edition will come off at the Arena, inside Accra International Conference Center on December 25, 2019.
Sarkodie’s annual event will also bring a lot of the top Ghanaian musicians on one stage.
3. Afro Nation : Afro Nation, the biggest urban music beach festival in Europe heads to Africa for another brand new festival, taking place in the city of Accra, Ghana.
Making the most of the Ghanaian capital's lush Atlantic coastline, white sands, and year-round average temperatures of around 30°, the new festival sees the brand return to the spiritual homeland of the music that will populate the line-up.
4. Afrochella : Afrochella is a celebration of Africa’s diverse culture and the vibrant work of African creatives & entrepreneurs.
The festival is designed to elevate and highlight the thrilling and thriving millennial talent in Africa by introducing an interactive event that teaches, explains and explores various cultures with a pioneering approach.
Afrochellans will experience art and creative activations from the continent, celebrate African music, and taste premium cultured cuisine.
5. Detty Rave: Mr Eazi’s Detty Rave will feature American rapper, William Leonard Roberts II, known professionally as Rick Ross in 2019.
Detty Rave will take place on December 27, at the new rave site in Spintex, Accra Ghana.
Other artistes to perform include South Africa’s Busiswa, Jamaica’s Kranium and Koffee, a Trinidadian singer, Machel Montano and Nigerian artistes, Simi and Joeboy.
The Ghanaian artistes set to perform include Darkovibes, Joey B, King Promise, Kuami Eugene, and Kidi.
6. Bhim Concert:
8: Made in Taadi Concert :
9. One Cedi & A Dream Concert :
10. Shay Concert:
YEN.com.gh recently reported that a Ghanaian lady has been sighted in the US doing her best to get a DJ to play Ghanaian songs at Macy Mall in New York.
In a video sighted by YEN.com.gh, the lady, popularly known as Cookieteegh, walks into Macy Mall and realizes that the DJ in that mall was playing lots of Nigerian songs and nothing from Ghana.
Cookieteegh, who is also a media personality, walked straight to the DJ and insisted that he plays some Ghanaian songs.
Star Gist: I was diagnosed with heart failure - Psalm Adjetefio | #Yencomgh
Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition? Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download YEN's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Ghana news!
Hurray! YEN.com.gh has won the ‘Online News Portal of the Year” award at NCA awards 2019. Click here to view the beautiful photos.