- Anthony Joshua has been ordered to fight Oleksandr Usyk within 180 days
- The Brit was told to take on the Ukrainian challenger by WBO after defeating Andy Ruiz in Saudi Arabia
- Joshua allays fear of fighting Oleksandr who just switched to heavyweight from cruiseweight
Two-time heavyweight champion, Anthony Joshua, has relished the herculean challenge of fighting Ukrainian champion Oleksandr Usyk.
The British-Nigerian born fight defeated Andy Ruiz in Saudi Arabia on Saturday night, December 7 to reclaim his heavyweight belts.
The victory, which came on unanimous point decision, saw Joshua ordered by WBO to defend his belts in the next 180 days against the 32-year-old heavyweight newboy.
Oleksandr reigned as the undisputed cruiserweight champion from July 2018 until he vacated his titles in March 2019.
He was the first cruiserweight fighter in history to hold all four major world championships—the WBA, WBC, IBF and WBO titles.
Joshua has now welcomed a fight with the Ukrainian while relishing on his victory over the Mexican champion.
"In 180 days, let's rock 'n roll then! No problem," the heavyweight champion said.
Meanwhile, YEN.com.gh had earlier reported that Andy Ruiz has promised to be back stronger after his second career defeat to Anthony Joshua on Saturday night, December 7, in Saudi Arabia.
The Mexican champion could not replicate his Madison Park brilliance as he was totally outclassed by the British-Nigerian born fighter at Diriyah Arena last night.
Joshua won the showdown on a unanimous point decision after twelves round of action with judges' cards scoring of 118-110 and 119-109 to become two-time heavyweight champion.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download YEN's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major
Ghana news! Stonebwoy's full performance at Ashaiman To Da World 2019 | #Yencomgh
Have national and human interest issues to discuss? Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition?
Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page.