- A 106-year-old man named John and his 105-year-old wife Charlotte have celebrated their 80th wedding anniversary
- The duo, according to the Guinness Book of Records are considered the oldest couple alive
- Beautiful pictures of their anniversary have been sighted by YEN.com.gh
Our manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
John and Charlotte Henderson, 106 and 105 respectively are recognized by Guinness Book of Records as the oldest married couple alive having celebrated their 80th anniversary.
Dailymail.co.uk reports that the two lovers whose combined age is 211 have not had any child.
John and his wife got joined in marriage in 1939 at the end of the Great Depression. They have been married since then.
Their wedding anniversary has been held and the two lovers were seen in the pictures looking hearty.
It appears that their love is just as strong as ever as they bond like newly-weds. Reports indicate that their record is not only pertaining to marriage.
It is indicated that John Henderson is the surviving University of Texas football player. For the past decade, the couple has lived in a senior facility connected to the school.
Recent pictures of the couple and also their anniversary have been sighted by YEN.com.gh.
1. The beautiful couple with their Guinness Book of Records certificate
2. The two lovers on a beautiful tour
3. John and Charlotte at their wedding anniversary
There have been a number of interesting news articles related to marriage in recent times.
Not long ago, YEN.com.gh reported that pre-wedding pictures have become the norm in recent times. The photos before the wedding introduce the couples officially to the general public.
YEN.com.gh has sighted 7 captivating and creative pictures taken by couples before their wedding days.
Hurray! YEN.com.gh has won the ‘Online News Portal of the Year” award at NCA awards 2019. Click here to view the beautiful photos.
Have national and human interest issues to discuss?
Get interactive via our Facebook page.