Our manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
The year 2019 was fulfilling for some Ghanaian celebrities and public figures in terms of marrying their heartthrobs.
Marriage is highly valued by the Ghanaian society and elsewhere, therefore, it is really a dream come true for most people who enter into that institution.
YEN.com.gh brings you eight of Ghanaian celebrities who got tied the knot with their lovers in 2019.
1. John Dumelo: Yes, Dumelo got married in both 2018 and 2019, in that, he had his traditional marriage in 2018 six months before his son was born. Then, in 2019, he had a white wedding with his wife Gifty Dumelo. The wedding trended massively on social media given the kind of choices made for the ceremony. Dumelo’s wife dazzled in her wedding gown, which got many people praising her. Also, the attire worn by the parents of both the groom and bride was a talk of town. Dumelo promised never to leave his wife no matter what, pledging to make her the First Lady someday when he becomes president.
2. Fiifi Banson: The popular broadcaster married his long-time girlfriend Akorfa Dzankui. Akorfa is said to be the marketing manager at Startimes. The ceremony was held at a private residence and well attended by Banson’s close friends and family.
3. Oko Vanderpuije: The NDC member and former Mayor of Accra got married to Cynthia Ayiku in December 2019. This is his second marriage after losing his first wife, Gifty, and mother of his daughters seven years ago. The photos from their beautiful traditional wedding had Ghanaians praising him.
4. Adwoa Safo: The Minister of Procurement got married to her husband Hanny Moutsiseb in August 2019. The beautiful ceremony came off at her father’s residence at Taifa. The marriage took many people by surprise because it was not known that the couple was dating. Safo is known to have two children with Kennedy Agyapong.
5. Selina Boateng: The gospel musician married her husband on December 7, 2019. Her husband, Isaac Berchie, is said to be an elder of their Church of Pentecost.
6. Keche Andrew: Keche Andrew married his boss, the one in charge of the record label. The ceremony was attended by his colleagues in the music fraternity. The lady is seen with Andrew’s name tattooed on her body.
7. Nayas: Actress: Nayas also found love after her bad experience with gospel singer Ernest Opoku. She married a Germa Borga identified as Nana.
8. Eugene and Victoria Lebene: Eugene is a blogger while Lebene formerly worked with GHOne TV. The two got married in a beach wedding which has some Ghanaian celebrities attending.
YEN.com.gh wishes these couples all the best in their marriage for the many years to come.
Have national and human interest issues to discuss?
Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition?
Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page.