- Diane and Mark always looked forward to the day their fifth child would be born
- However, tragedy struck and Diane's delivery date was a day full of tears
- The mother of five had to give birth two weeks earlier as her husband only had one week to live
- Her husband held their baby girl for 45 minutes and slipped into a coma the next day
- Our Manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
The day a child is born, every family is filled with cheer and constant celebration.
However, Diane’s family had mixed emotions and the feeling that took the day was sadness when her baby Savannah was born.
The mother of five had to deliver her daughter sooner than expected to give her husband Mark a rare chance to see the little one, ABC News reported.
Mark was hooked to machines and lying on a hospital bed the day Savannah came into their lives.
Diane got induced two weeks before her due date when she learnt her sick husband did not have a lot of time left on earth.
Mark who was suffering from cancer before the birth of his baby found out he was in remission.
However, months to Diane’s due date, doctors revealed his lungs were failing as a result of the strong doses of chemotherapy he received.
The father of five was diagnosed with pulmonary fibrosis.
All along, Mark’s family hoped medication would give him many more years to live.
But as fate would have it, he was living on borrowed time and his wife wanted him to hold their newest addition.
After Savannah’s birth, the proud dad cradled her for 45 long minutes and stared at her with so much joy and heartbreak.
The 52-year-old had less than a week to live and did not want any moment to pass by.
A day after staring into the eyes of his princess, Mark slipped into a coma and died five days later.
Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page.