- Barack Obama recently visited the Washington Children's Hospital to surprise them with Christmas gifts
- The atmosphere was charged as everyone appeared very pleased by the rare gesture
- The former president of the US delivered a short speech before saying goodbye
Our Manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
Former president of the United States Barack Obama gave a pleasant surprise to children in a hospital as part of the Christmas celebrations.
In a video sighted by YEN.com.gh on Nbcnews.com, the ex-president marched into the facility with his ever charismatic look, thrilling everyone who set their eyes on him.
He walked to the front desk and got the attendant confused as she did not immediately know what to do. Barack Obama was aided by some of his staff who accompanied him to deliver the pleasant surprise to the children.
The kids, parents and hospital officials who were present would live with the memories for a long time. As expected, the former US president crowned it all up with a short powerful speech to the entire group.
He was very thankful for the tireless service of the doctors, nurses and caretakers who are always there for the children, encouraging them and listening to all their problems and concerns.
Then he went on further to share handshakes and warm hugs with as many of them as he could.
Below are some pictures of how it all went down
1. Obama making his way into the facility
2. When the ex-president stunned a white girl with his presence, presents and hug
3. Moments before Obama delivered a short speech to the people present at the hospital
4. Sharing a warm hug with a Black girl
Christmas has been marked in grand style with generous acts of surprise giving.
Earlier, YEN.com.gh reported that an adorable video has popped up on social media in which foreigners and other arrivals at the Kotoka International Airport were warmly received into Ghana by three Santa Clauses.
The video was sighted by YEN.com.gh on the official Facebook handle of Ghana the Black Star of Africa. The arrivals at the airport were left dumbfounded by the matching dance moves of the Ghanaian Santa Clauses and the gifts that were showered on them.
Hurray! YEN.com.gh has won the ‘Online News Portal of the Year” award at NCA awards 2019. Click here to view the beautiful photos.
Have national and human interest issues to discuss?
Get interactive via our Facebook page.