Menzgold pays 200 customers on day one of payment plan

Menzgold pays 200 customers on day one of payment plan

Embattled gold dealership company, Menzgold has revealed that they have paid about 200 customers their locked-up funds on day one of the announced payment plan.

Our Manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in

Communications Director of Menzgold Ghana, Nii Armah Amarteifio said the customers who have received that funds are the first batch to have been paid.

In an interview with Citi News, Mr. Armah Amarteifio said the company was committed to settling all outstanding debts.

READ ALSO: Fact Check: Beyonce is not performing in Accra this weekend – Publicist

I can confirm to you that by the Grace of God today we commenced payment and we were able to pay two hundred people today. I will not give you a range but I can tell you for a fact that as we promised our customers that we will commence payment on the 27th December that is today, we have been able to do that and by the Grace of God we’ve been able to pay about two hundred people today, who fall in the zero category as we indicated in our press statement,” he told Citi News.

He narrated that customers will called and their bank details confirmed, then their owed funds will be transferred into their accounts.

ATTENTION: Read the best news on Ghana #1 news app. Install our latest app for Android and read the best news about Ghana

You will be called first; a call will be placed to you and you will be asked to confirm your bank account number if that is done, the money is transferred into your account; that is done by the third party. The most important thing is that we are making payments to customers and today we were able to make payments to about two hundred customers,” he added.

READ ALSO: 7 attitudes Ghanaians must leave behind in 2019

Menzgold had been struggling to make payment to customers after the company was shut down in 2018 by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).

YEN.com.gh earlier reported that an Italian couple, Daniele Migfiorisi and Ferien Oklomode have accused four Ghana Police personnel of stealing their €7,000 while conducting a search on them.

According to the couple, the policemen stopped the cab they were traveling to the airport in at Salvation Army in Osu for a search on Monday, December 23, 2019.

Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page.

Source: Yen Ghana

Mailfire view pixel