5-bedroom house burns to ashes over lack of fuel on Fire Service car on duty

5-bedroom house burns to ashes over lack of fuel on Fire Service car on duty

- A Ghana Fire Service vehicle on duty reportedly broke down due to a lack of fuel

- Calls that were placed to the top officials in an attempt to obtain funds for fuel proved futile

- A local resident at Kwahu Nkawtia in the Eastern Region had to step in and pay GHc100 for fuel before the vehicle moved again

- A 5-bedroom house burnt completely as a result

Our Manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in

A Ghana Fire Service vehicle that was on duty to provide services has reportedly been immobile due to fuel shortage until a local resident by the name Eric Kwamina Asare Royce intervened to buy the fuel.

According to CelebritiesBuzz.com, the incident happened on Friday, January 3, 2020 at Kwahu Nkawtia in the Eastern Region.

The Good Samaritan Eric said that the fire broke close to his house in a 5-bedroom house around 10 am in the morning. According to Eric, the magnitude of the fire compelled them to call on the Ghana National Fire Service (GNFS) personnel.

READ ALSO: Young lady starts 2020 with serious broken heart (Video)

After they placed the call, they had no response from the fire service at Kwahu Mpreaso. Eric narrates that there was no response after about 25 minutes.

The residents could not come to terms with the delay as the distance from Mpraeso (the fire service station) to Kwahu Nkwatia (the fire scene) is a 3-minute drive.

This development caused Eric to chatter a taxi to the station only to learn that the vehicle that was supposed to be used was immobile because of a lack of fuel.

READ ALSO: 14-year-old Ghanaian boy creates app that can save Free SHS policy GHc4m yearly

Narrating how things unfolded at the station, Eric affirmed that several calls to the personnel's various DFO’s failed. One DFO at Nkawkaw reportedly told the firemen to leave the car there and return to the office because he has no money for fuel.

Eric Kwamina had to deep hands in his pocket to buy fuel worth GHC100 before the Ghana National Fire Service personnel were able to quench a fire that erupted in the 5-bedroom house.

Due to the fuel shortage, about 55 minutes were wasted, leaving the 5 bedrooms to burn to ashes at the fire scene before the crew finally arrived to quench the fire.

READ ALSO: Man driving brand new Mercedes flees after filling petrol to avoid paying (Video)

See photos of the incident below:

1. When the firefighters finally got to work:

2. The damage that was done even after the fire was put out:

A number of uncomfortable news articles about fire ravaging places in Ghana have surfaced lately.

YEN.com.gh earlier reported that Aduni Achana, a hardworking farmer from Bonia, near Navrongo in the Upper East Region has been filled with grief as his 2-acre local rice farm has gotten burnt into ashes.

Enjoy reading our stories? Download YEN's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Ghana news!

Get interactive via our Facebook page.

Source: Yen.com.gh

Mailfire view pixel