33-year-old man trying to repair streetlight gets electrocuted

33-year-old man trying to repair streetlight gets electrocuted

- An electrician at Kpando in the Volta Region has been electrified whilst on his job

- The 33-year-old man was trying to repair a streetlight when the incident happened

- Lots of the townfolks thronged the scene to witness the incident

Our Manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in

A 33-year-old gentleman who was trying to repair streetlights at Kpando in the Volta Region has been electrified in the process.

According to Starr FM who reported the news on their official Facebook page, the electrician was attempting to replace the streetlight on a low voltage line when the sad incident happened.

The name of the electrician has been withheld and it is not indicated whether he is still alive or not.

READ ALSO: Father personally constructs swimming pool for his family (Photos)

From pictures sighted by YEN.com.gh, the incident happened in the broad daylight. Many locals thronged the scene to witness the incident as the man was being taken down by rescuers.

It was obvious from the countenance of the individuals that had gathered that they were all saddened by the development.

It is hoped that the young man does not pass away due to the accident.

READ ALSO: Somanya university to admit 1st batch of students in September 2020

In other news, a powerful video of how the late world-renowned evangelist Reinhard Bonnke raised a dead man has surfaced on the internet days after his burial.

The breathtaking video about Reinhard raising a dead man was taken in Nigeria during a crusade he ministered at back in the day.

Reports indicate that the man named Daniel Ekechukwu who was also a preacher had died after a terrible car accident on November 30, 2001.

Enjoy reading our stories? Download YEN's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Ghana news!

Get interactive via our Facebook page.

Source: Yen

Mailfire view pixel