Confusion hits police station as thieves vanish with 40-inch television

Confusion hits police station as thieves vanish with 40-inch television

- Thieves have reportedly stolen a 40-inch television set from a police station in Uganda

- The incident occurred on Monday, January 13, 2020, at the Jinja Police Station

- Investigations are underway to determine how the thieves stole the television set even though police officers were around

Our Manifesto: This is what believes in

Thieves in Uganda have succeeded in stealing a 40-inch television from a police station, has learned.

It has been established that the television was taken from the Jinja police station on Monday, January 13, 2020.

Per a report by, the television was given to the station by a company known as Star Times in December 2019.

Confusion hit police station as thieves vanish with 40-inch television

Source: UGC

READ ALSO: Mosquitoes 'hijack' STC bus as passengers angrily refuse to get on board

It was reportedly removed from a wall which is adjacent the reception and officers present have no idea when the act was committed.

Efforts to keep the incident under wraps failed when a detective anonymously revealed details about the incident, which was also confirmed by a police spokesperson, Diana Nandaula.

Investigations are currently underway to determine how the television set was taken even though police officials were present.

Meanwhile, some people were arrested after a football game was temporarily brought to a halt. This was during the 26th edition of the Ghana University Sports Association (GUSA) games held at the University of Ghana, Legon.

The referee officiating the football match between the University of Ghana (Legon) and the University of Development Studies (UDS), at a point, sent off a Legon football player.

This, however, did not go down well with some people who caused a brief pause of the game.

The suspects were consequently arrested by the officials of the University of Ghana Security Services (UGSS) and handed them over to the Legon Police.

It has been established that GUSA officials and the members of the Local Organizing Committee (LOC) anticipated unruly behavior and beefed up security.

The game continued after the brief break and Legon won the match 5:4 on penalties.

The relevant committees would review the match reports for further action to be taken as they prepare for the final match between Legon and the University of Mines and Technology (Tarkwa).

READ ALSO: Police man poses with cane at bridge; promises to lash anyone who crosses the road on foot

Enjoyed reading our story? Download YEN's news app on Google Playstore now and stay up-to-date with major Ghana news!

Do you have a hot story or scandal you would like us to publish on Please contact us on Facebook or Instagram now!


Online view pixel