- Prince William was appointed to be the Lord Commissioner to the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland
- The Queen appoints a figure to that role each year and the roles include being the sovereign's personal representative to the Assembly
- This comes against the backdrop of Megxit, where Harry and Meghan resigned as senior members of the royal family
- They dropped their Royal Highness Titles and are planning to split their time between UK and Canada
- Our Manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
Prince William has been awarded a promotion by the Queen days after his brother, Prince Harry and his wife Meghan Markle quit royal duties.
The Duke of Cambridge will now be the Lord High Commissioner to the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland.
According to the Mirror, the 37-year-old will be the sovereign's personal representative to the Assembly and his duties will involve opening and closing addresses to the Assembly, as well as carrying out official visits across Scotland.
The Queen appoints a figure to that role every year where Prince Royal and Duke of Rothesay, the Duke of York and the Earl of Wessex are among the royals who have held that position in the past.
In the midst of William's blessings, his younger brother, Prince Harry is now finding his way out of monarchy.
This is after Harry and his wife Meghan Markle took the world by surprise after announcing that they are both stepping back as senior members of the royal family.
Their announcement came after Meghan received brutal media bullying since her marriage to the Duke of Sussex.
The couple is now planning to split their time between United Kingdom and Canada and has lost their Royal Highness Titles.
Though the Buckingham palace was unhappy with the duo's decision, it gave up to their demands.
Ghanaian Traders Share Thoughts on Sales During Christmas | #Yencomgh
Do you have a hot story or scandal you would like us to publish on YEN.com.gh? Please contact us on Facebook or Instagram now!