- The Health Ministry has directed that all needless travels to Coronavirus-hit China be avoided or delayed
- More than 100 cases have been reported outside China, in 22 countries
Our Manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
The Health Ministry has directed that all needless travels to Coronavirus-hit China be avoided or delayed.
So far 213 people have been confirmed dead with nearly 10,000 people, mainly in China, being infected since it emerged in December. More than 100 cases have been reported outside China, in 22 countries.
In a statement issued Friday, to update Ghanaians on the country’s preparedness towards a possible outbreak, Health Minister, Kwaku Agyeman-Manu has given the assurance that they are doing all things possible to ensure that they protect the nation against the coronavirus.
“In light of these, there will be a National Technical Committee Coordination (NTCC) to review the resilience of our current arrangements to prevent an outbreak…,” the statement added.
According to a report by Citi News, the ministry said it is part of Ghana’s plans to prevent and control any case that may be detected in the country and ultimately protect the Ghanaian population.
In a statement dated Monday, January 27, 2020, the Ministry said it has triggered the country’s emergency preparedness and response plan amidst the rising number of infections from the novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) in other countries of the world.
The Ministry however added that Regional Directors must make it a point designate treatment centres in their respective regions to deal with cases if they arise.
How convenient is it to use the new GHC 200 note at the market? | #Yencomgh
Have national and human interest issues to discuss?
Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition?
Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page.