Pokuase interchange: Government releases GHC10m to compensate property owners

Pokuase interchange: Government releases GHC10m to compensate property owners

- GHC10 million has been released as payment of compensation to owners of critical structures along the lines where the Pokuase interchange project is taking place

- The payment of compensation for demolition of critical structures would allow for the right of way to be given to ensure the success of the project

- Our Manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in

Government has released a whopping GHC10 million as payment of compensation to owners of critical structures along the lines where the project is taking place.

The Pokuase Interchange project which is being carried out in the Ga West Municipality of the Greater Accra Region is expected to help ease traffic along that stretch with almost always is in a gridlock.

The Resident Engineer of Associated Consultants Limited, Kwabena Bempong, who disclosed this to the Daily Graphic, said the company received the final 75 percent of the money in December 2019 after the initial release of GH¢2.5 million.

READ ALSO: Coronavirus: 9 doctors, 26 nurses boldly dedicated to fight the virus at Ridge Hospital

According to him, the release of the money was a massive boost to the execution of the project which is currently at a 60 percent completion stage.

“... 50 percent of the amount has been paid out for critical structures. We have also started looking at payments for non-critical structures such as kiosks and other make-shift structures that are not directly in the right of way but have to be removed,” Bempong said.

Bempong, however, explained that the payment of compensation for critical structures on the right of way had been one of the milestones of the project because it was a major obstacle to the success of the facility.

READ ALSO: Coronavirus won’t survive in Ghana and Africa - Korle Bu CEO

In other news, all nine suspected cases of the deadly coronavirus recorded in Ghana are negative, according to the Ministry of Health.

The minister, Kwaku Agyeman-Manu in a statement on Thursday, February 6 allayed the fears of Ghanaians saying the state is doing everything possible to prevent the deadly virus from reaching the country.

“We wish to provide assurance to Ghanaians the government is doing everything possible to prevent and protect against the importation of the virus into the country and prevent its spread,” Mr. Agyemang-Manu noted.

READ ALSO: Zipline medical drone crashes in Dawu; parts slightly damaged

President Akufo-Addo is a "wicked old man" - Angry protester fumes | #Yencomgh

Subscribe to watch new videos

Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition?

Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page.

Source: Yen

Mailfire view pixel