- Dr. Bawumia to chair NPP's 2020 Manifesto Committee
- The committee is made up 10 members, including Yoofi Grant and Hajia Alima Mahama
- Our manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
Ghana’s Vice President Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia has been named by the New Patriotic Party (NPP) as chairman of the committee set up to draft the party’s 2020 manifesto ahead of the general elections.
The NPP in a statement said the 10-member committee will among other things review the party’s 2016 manifesto and also solicit views and opinions from all relevant stakeholders as input for the 2020 manifesto.
The statement signed by the NPP General Secretary, John Boadu also stated that the Manifesto Committee is expected to produce a comprehensive and practical document that will meet and address the problems of Ghanaians, as well as propel the NPP to victory in 2020.
Below is the full composition of the committee:
* H. E. Alhaji Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia – Chairman
* Alan Kwodwo Kyeremateng – Member
* Matthew Opoku Prempeh – Member
* Ken Offori-Atta – Member
* Madam Elizabeth Ohene – Member
* Hajia Alima Mahama – Member
* Yofi Grant – Member
* Yaw Buaben Asamoa – Member
* Kweku Agyemang-Manu – Member
* Afriyie Akoto – Member
YEN.com.gh earlier reported that the flag bearer of the National Democratic Congress (NDC), John Dramani Mahama has been advised to go for a running mate who can match the NPP’s Mahamudu Bawumia boot-for-boot.
According to a former chairman of the NDC in the Central Region, Bernard Allotey Jacobs the party needs someone with pedigree and repute to discuss matters of economics and not party communicators.
He made the pronouncement on Accra based Peace FM on Wednesday, February 12.
President Akufo-Addo is a "wicked old man" - Angry protester fumes | #Yencomgh
Enjoyed reading our story? Download YEN's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Ghana news! Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page.