- Egypt’s health ministry discloses that a foreigner infected with the coronavirus entered the country and had been put in isolation in hospital
- The health ministry says it immediately informed the World Health Organization (WHO) and had taken all necessary preventative measures to contain the spread of the disease
- However, the authorities did not disclose give the nationality of the affected person, or any other details
- Our Manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
Coronavirus appears to have spread to Africa after Egypt on Friday, February 14, confirmed its first case of the disease.
Egypt’s health ministry disclosed in a statement that the affected person was a foreigner who had been put into isolation in hospital, Reuters reports.
The ministry said it immediately informed the World Health Organization (WHO) and had taken all necessary preventative measures to contain the spread of the disease.
The authorities did not disclose the nationality of the affected person, or any other details.
Meanwhile, about four persons have been confirmed dead with not less than 15 others receiving treatment in the Oye-Obi in Obi local government area of Benue state.
According to Andyson Egbodo, the new president of Igede national youths council, each of the deceased showed the same symptoms which are headache, internal heat, diarrhoea, vomiting, stomach ache, weakness of the body and swollen stomach, The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports.
He said that four deaths had been recorded among the nine confirmed cases with Case Fatality Rate (CFR) of 44.4% ; the percentage of deaths from the confirmed cases.
Faces of Ghana: Ghana’s 1st Female Police Bemoans High Rate of Police Indiscipline | #Yencomgh
Do you have a hot story or scandal you would like us to publish on YEN.com.gh? Please contact us on Facebook or Instagram now!