- Several renowned celebrities in Ghana have narrated their inspirational life stories on many different platforms
- A list of 13 prominent Ghanaian individuals who suffered hardships but still managed to rise in life has been made
- All 13 celebrities mentioned times life was extremely hard for them in simple but powerful quotes
Many of Ghana's top celebrities have risen through several hardships in life to become who they are today. Kwame Despite, Kojo Nkansah Lilwin, Asamoah Gyan and Sarkodie are only a handful of them.
A compilation of emotional quotes by 13 different prominent Ghanaians on how they suffered disappointments, harsh realities and nearly gave up on some occasions was sighted by YEN.com.gh on theindependentghana.com
See the list of 13 inspirational quotes below:
1. "My parents abandoned and rejected me because I chose to be a singer” – Shatta Wale
2. "My first time on Key Soap Concert Party Audition they rejected me” - AgyaKoo
3. "I even went to work with someone as a car repairer (rip33la) but he later sacked me because I fool too much” – Kwaku Manu
4. “I went to TV3 Mentor Audition but they rejected me” – Becca
5. "My mum was a pito seller but that didn’t stop me from achieving my dreams” – Samini
6. "I had a car accident, I lost my twin brother and I nearly lost one of my legs but still I chased my dreams” - Stonebwoy Burniton
7. "I was once an armed robber” – Archbishop Duncan Williams
8. “I played many shows for many show organizers and they always paid me with t-shirts and toffees; I nearly stopped rapping" - Sarkodie
9. I was only a shoemaker, sometimes, I think all these things happening to me is a dream” – CEO Of Peace FM & UTV Kwame Despite
10. "I was not interested in school because my mates and teachers always called me ‘gyimi'”- Kojo Nkansah Lilwin.
11. "My first coach once told me, you can’t be a player, it's better to be a ball boy for my team or just try to be a musician’ I felt very bad that very moment” - Asamoah Gyan
It should be noted here that Gyan was a comfortable child but he went through a lot on the pitch to become a star
12. “In London, I was a taxi driver in America I was plate washer, I nearly kill my dream to be a street sweeper” – Kennedy Agyapong
13. “I told my School Mates I’ll be a President, they Started Using that to tease Me, ‘Mr President! Mr.President'” – Ex-President J.A. Kuffour
On the subject of becoming successful, is was recently reported that the 3-year-old daughter of Kafui Danku and her husband, Kojo Pitcher named Baby Lorde is a Brand Ambassador for a baby brand named Royal Monopoly which has earned her more than a billion old Ghana cedis.
Africacelebrities.com reports that the baby was born on October 26, 2016, and before she was even a year old, Baby Lorde landed herself her first endorsement deal with the popular firm.
By the time the baby girl turned one year old on October 26, 2017, she already had over 25k followers on Instagram and her net worth was estimated to be over GH¢100k.
Enjoy reading our stories? Download YEN's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Ghana news!
"I don't believe there is a president in Ghana" - Frustrated taxi driver speaks | #Yencomgh
Get interactive via our Facebook page.