- In a new compilation, Forbes Africa has recognised 50 women who are a strong force on the continent
- Out of those who were picked are 10 Nigerian women who have made a mark in areas like finance, oil, publishing, and public life
- While some names on the list are socially well known, they were newer faces like Uchenna "Uche" Pedro and Olajumoke Adenowo
- Our Manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
Forbes Africa has made a list of 50 leading women on the continent who have made great marks in almost all spheres of human life.
Among them are 10 Nigerians who contributed greatly to art, politics, business, and public life. Popular author Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Folorunsho Alakija, Ibukun Awosika, Obiageli Oby Ezekwesili, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Uchenna ‘Uche’ Pedro are some of the Nigerians who made the cut.
Below is the list of Nigerians Forbes picked:
1. Folorunsho Alakija (Oil sector)
2. Ibukun Awosika (Manufacturing)
3. Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (Publishing)
4. Obiageli “Oby” Ezekwesili (Social development)
5. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala (Healthcare)
6. Uchenna “Uche” Pedro (Media)
7. Olajumoke Adenowo (Advertising)
8. Arunma Oteh (Finance)
9. Amina J. Mohammed (Social Development)
10. Tara Fela-Durotoye (Beauty)
Faces of Ghana: A Mysterious Voice Speaks to Me When I'm Working - Engineer Explains | #Yencomgh
READ ALSO: WHO officially declares COVID-19 a pandemic
Enjoyed reading our story? Download YEN's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Ghana news! Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page.