In the face of all the news of coronavirus causing fear and panic in the country, President Akufo-Addo has addressed the good people of Ghana to give them an update on the country's preparedness.
Akufo-Addo made a lot of points while addressing the nation on his Facebook page on Wednesday, March 11, 2020, at 8:00 pm
YEN.com.gh has identified some key pointers in his address about the fight against coronavirus disease.
1. The president indicated that the World Health Organisation has described coronavirus as a pandemic.
2. He revealed all of Ghana's neighbors have recorded cases of coronavirus.
3. Akufo-Addo stated that our points of entry like the airports and land borders are prepared to handle any case.
4. He said it is imperative to be prepared as individuals for a possible hit within the country.
5. 100 million dollars have been committed by government to help fight coronavirus.
6. All international flights have been suspended for public officials.
7. Technological tools would be utilised for international engagements.
8. He added that individuals should try their best to desist from foreign travels as much as they can.
9. The president reteiraited the need to revisit the custom of not shaking hands.
10. He asked that the media intensifies its work to properly educate the public.
11. Nana Addo also stressed on the need to adjust to changing times.
12. The government is analyzing the potential impact in order to trigger a relevant response to minimise it.
13. He added that we needed to focus on local industries to reduce the dependence on foreign imports.
In the country's readiness to combat the deadly coronavirus, the government of Ghana has made available $100 million.
President Nana Akufo-Addo opined that he has directed the Finance Minister Ken Ofori-Atta to release the Cedi equivalent of $100 million to boost the country’s measures and preparedness against the Covid-19 illness.
Nana indicated that the money “… is to fund the expansion of infrastructure, purchase of materials and equipment, and public education."
READ ALSO: WHO officially declares COVID-19 a pandemic
"I will score President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo 0/100" - Market woman reveals | #Yencomgh
Enjoyed reading our story? Get interactive via our Facebook page.