No politicisation of $100m for Coronavirus fight – Oppong Nkrumah cautions Minority
- Kojo Oppong Nkrumah has warned the minority to desist from reading meaning into the $100m for the Coronavirus fight
- He called on them to rally behind government to fight the disease
Our manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
The Minister for Information, Kojo Oppong Nkrumah, has advised the Minority in Parliament to desist from making certain assumptions about the allotted amount announced by the president to fight coronavirus.
He urged the minority not to make politics out of the deadly pandemic but rather join forces to fight the disease.
His response follows calls by the minority, mounting pressure on government to provide details about some US$100 million that President Akufo-Addo said had been allocated to help fight the novel virus.
READ ALSO: COVID-19: Government earlier knew about 2 recorded case - NDC's Stan Dogbe alleges
“Let me caution that this is not a matter that we should turn into a regular political banter that the Minority says it’s not good...This is a potential national crisis that we have to rally behind the flag and fight together,” he said.
According to a Citi News report, MP for Ningo Prampram, Sam George demanded that the government provides details of funding to fight the deadly coronavirus since he does not “trust the government when it comes to accountability of funds”.
In response, the Information Minister on Eyewitness News said that the allocated amount of money was sourced from “a combination of government of Ghana consolidated fund and donor partner fund.
READ ALSO: Breaking: Ghana confirms first two cases of coronavirus (video)
Meanwhile, an aide to former President John Dramani Mahama, Stan Xoese Dogbe seems to have a lot of questions on his mind.
He took to his Facebook page a few hours after the Health Ministry publicly announced that the pandemic has finally hit the country.
He put across certain questions that are quite critical and mind-boggling.
According to him, health officials and sources in the presidency allegedly confirmed that the cases were known as of yesterday afternoon prior to the recording to the President's address on March 11, 2020.
READ ALSO: One of the recorded cases is Ghanaian - Oppong Nkrumah gives contrary information
Yenkasa: Coronavirus: Is Ghana ready? | #Yencomgh
Subscribe to watch new videos
Enjoyed reading our story? Get interactive via our Facebook page.