Nana Aba, Efia Odo, Delay & others react as Ghana confirms 2 COVID-19 cases
- Ghanaians have been reacting on social media after it was reported that COVID-19 or coronavirus had been confirmed in the country
- The list includes prominent celebrities such as Nana Aba, Efia Odo & Delay
- 6 of the opinions going viral have been gathered by YEN.com.gh
Our Manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
Ghanaians were taken by surprise after news broke in the evening of March 12, 2020, that coronavirus, otherwise known as COVID-19 had penetrated the borders and entered the country.
It would be recalled that how YEN.com.gh earlier reported that according to the Health Minister, the two persons tested positive after laboratory tests from the Noguchi Memorial Institute of Medical Research on Thursday, March 12 were interpreted.
Both prominent people in Ghana and Ghanaians in the masses have been airing their views, frustrations, suggestions, ideas and opinions in different forms on social media after hearing the news.
READ ALSO: 1st Lady Rebecca Akufo-Addo cancels huge event due to COVID-19
Some of the opinions going viral have been gathered by YEN.com.gh
1. A gentleman named Kwame Sarfo reacted with a rather interesting comparison between how the coronavirus is being handled by governments in Ghana and abroad:
2. Popular celebrity Efia Odo reacted with a rather serious opinion stating how the government and Ghanaians should not joke with the issue for any reason:
One infected person entering makola or any area that is fully crowded and we’re dead! Please guys stay clean and protected. I care about every single person that’s why I’m really stressing on this. My friend in NY just got infected with this virus, it’s NO JOKE!
READ ALSO: COVID-19: Flashback to similar flu that nearly wiped out the human race 102 years ago
3. Popular TV show host of The Delay Show also indicated that the outbreak of coronavirus is a sign of the end time, in a post sighted by YEN.com.gh:
4. Benevolent Dickson sought to make fun of a divergent news report that flooded a section of social media with the claim that Ghana is actually free from coronavirus:
5. Another popular TV show host Nana Aba Anamoah reacted quickly to the news by sharing the press release with her numerous followers on Instagram to alert them of the outbreak:
READ ALSO: Year of Return lady remains in Ghana and starts huge food truck business
6. A gentleman called Kofi Gaza gave another hilarious comment, asking the public to imagine what it would feel like being infected by a foreign disease without even having a passport:
In other news, Amponmah Nana Afia, a beautiful Ghanaian nurse who is also known as Eva Duah and also the nurse Ahot3hemaa has sadly broken many hearts after passing on due to asthma.
Close friends who broke the news on social media shared many beautiful pictures and revealed that Eva Duah was such a free soul, who always wanted to see others smiling and loved attending weddings and other gatherings.
The young nurse who looked to be in her late twenties or early thirties was truly full of life as shown in some of the pictures sighted by YEN.com.gh.
Enjoy reading our stories? Download YEN's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Ghana news!
Faces of Ghana: A Mysterious Voice Speaks to Me When I'm Working - Engineer Explains | #Yencomgh
Get interactive via our Facebook page.