COVID-19: Dada Hafco calls for all entertainment event to be postponed indefinitely

COVID-19: Dada Hafco calls for all entertainment event to be postponed indefinitely

Highlife singer Dada Hafco says event organizers in Ghana need to put all their entertainment events on hold in order to stop the spread of the deadly coronavirus.

Our Manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in

According to him exposing the public to large gathers like the entertainment event can increase the rate at which the virus is spread.

Dada Hafco added that event organizers in ghana should cancel all entertainment events as it has been done in other jurisdictions that are more advanced than Ghana.

READ ALSO: COVID-19: Kwaw Kese fights against coronavirus in new photo

“Coronavirus is basically shutting down the entire world. Therefore wherever you find yourself, it is imperative that you put measures in place to make sure it does not affect innocent citizens,” Dada Hafco said in a report on Ghanaweb and sighted by YEN.com.gh.

READ ALSO: Joyce Dzidzor Mensah: Former AIDS Ambassador delivers beautiful baby in new video

“For us as entertainers, I think it will be appropriate for us to also start thinking of not coming in contact with people or of not bringing people to a gathering where people can easily catch the virus. The NBA has suspended its activities for the year. If you’re a follower of the NBA, you look at the big money and sponsorship involved and all of that, it makes you think this is getting serious.”

READ ALSO: Gifty Anti flaunts adorable daughter who looks all grown ups in new photo; fans react

The coronavirus (COVID-19) has currently been declared as a global pandemic that is spreading rapidly around the world.

On March 12, Ghana confirmed two cases of the virus.

But on March 15, four other cases were confirmed to bring the number to a total of six cases recorded in Ghana so far.

READ ALSO: COVID-19: Ghana consulate in the US suspends services temporarily

YEN.com.gh earlier reported that the Ghanaian Embassy in the US suspended its services temporarily over the outbreak of the global pandemic coronavirus.

According to the consulate, the suspension which is expected to take effect from Monday, March 16, 2020, is in line with the State of Emergency declared by US President, Donald John Trump, and State Governor of New York.

In a statement sighted by YEN.com.gh , the embassy will continue to provide online services for visa applications, attestation of documents, sale of dual citizenship forms and issuance letters.

Faces of Ghana: A Mysterious Voice Speaks to Me When I'm Working - Engineer Explains | #Yencomgh

Subscribe to watch new videos

Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition? Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page.

Enjoyed reading our story? Download YEN's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Ghana news!

Source: Yen.com.gh

Mailfire view pixel