Former Black Stars player, Kevin-Prince Boateng is reportedly wanting to seek cover from the deadly Coronavirus in Ghana.
Our manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
According to a report by Ghanasoccernet.com Kevin wants to leave Turkey, where he is currently playing for Besiktas.
But the club’s management are refusing to allow the former Ghana forward return to either Germany or Ghana, which are his home counties.
The 33-year-old has held private meeting with the club's management over his decision to leave the country as soon as possible.
But the club has declined stating that the virus is very prevalent in Germany. They also noted that coming to Ghana could also pose some risk for the former AC Milan star because the West African country has also recorded 16 cases of the COVID-19 as of Friday, March 20, 2020.
The coronavirus pandemic continue to wreck havoc globally.
The situation has led to countries closing their boarders and doors to foreigners. Flights are currently also stopped.
The number of professional players with coronavirus continues to increase.
Juventus announced on Tuesday, March 17, that a second player has tested positive.
French midfielder Blaise Matuidi is the second Juve player to test positive for COVID-19, the club said in a statement.
Defender Daniele Rugani tested positive last week.
The Brazilian was taken into custody in the south American country after trying to gain entrance with fake documents.
According to SunSport, the World Cup winner was said to be risking going to jail for the next six months if he is found guilty of the crimes levied against him.
Only God can save Ghana from the Coronavirus outbreak - Pastor declares | #Yencomgh
Have national and human interest issues to discuss? Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition? Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page.