COVID-19 which has been declared a global pandemic by the World Health Organisation (WHO) is currently spreading around the world and affecting people from all walks of life.
Our Manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
The coronavirus has brought a lot of shock and fear around the world since the disease currently has no cure.
YEN.com.gh brings you a list of some celebrities who have tested positive to the deadly coronavirus.
1. Idris Elba: Hollywood actor and musician disclosed to the world that he had tested positive for COVID-19 on March 16 in a video posted on Twitter. He urged his fans to stay because he was doing okay and that although he had no symptoms so far he was isolating himself from others.
2. Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson: The popular Hollywood star Tom Hanks and his wife Rita Wilson, announced on March 11 that they were infected by the coronavirus and had placed under quarantine at a Gold Coast hospital in Australia. Hanks and his wife have been discharged and are currently under self-isolation.
3. Mikel Arteta: On March 12, the 37-year-old Arsenal manager was the first in England’s football Premier League to be diagnosed with the coronavirus.
4. Callum Hudson-Odoi: On March 12, the 19-year-old Chelsea player was also said to have tested positive.
5: Linda Lusardi: The actress and former model said she had “never felt this ill” after contracting the virus. She posted on Twitter: “I want to thank you all for your good wishes. Sam and I have had COVID-19 symptoms and are in isolation so we do not spread it to anyone else. We are taking it one-day-at-a-time, that’s all we can do.
6. Olga Kurylenko: This actress, famous for appearing in the James Bond film ‘Quantum of Solace’, shared on Instagram that she tested positive for coronavirus. She posted that her main symptoms were fever and fatigue and that she was “locked up at home.”
7. Kristofer Hivju: Kristofer Hivju, who is known for his roles on HBO’s 'Game of Thrones' TV series and in 'The Fate of the Furious,' tested positive for the deadly coronavirus and announced the news on Instagram on Monday. The 41-year-old Norwegian actor said that he and his family would be self-isolating for “as long as it takes.”
8. Charlotte Lawrence: Singer Charlotte Lawrence tested positive for COVID-19, which she confirmed in an Instagram post on Tuesday evening saying.
9. Deportivo Alaves: The Spanish football club confirmed a total of 15 positive coronavirus cases, including three players from the first team squad and seven members of the coaching staff. None of those affected have displayed any symptoms, the La Liga side said in a statement on March 18.
COVID-19 has infected thousands of people across the world, in turn locking down cities, closing schools and causing families to self-isolate in their homes.
The virus has spread to at least 164 countries and territories, with the worldwide death toll surpassing the 11,000 as at March 21, 2020.
YEN.com.gh earlier reported that President Nana Akufo-Addo has directed that all of Ghana's borders be closed for two weeks as the nation fights the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
The closure of the borders starts from 12:00 am on Sunday, March 22, 2020.
Only God can save Ghana from the Coronavirus outbreak - Pastor declares | #Yencomgh
Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition? Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download YEN's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Ghana news!