Former Nigerian Vice President Atiku Abubakar's son tests positive for coronavirus

Former Nigerian Vice President Atiku Abubakar's son tests positive for coronavirus

- A former vice president, Atiku Abubakar says his son has tested positive for the coronavirus disease (COVID-19)

- The politician disclosed this in a tweet on his verified Twitter handle on Sunday night, March 22

- Atiku revealed that the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has been duly informed about the situation

Atiku Abubakar, a former vice president, has disclosed that his son has tested positive for the coronavirus disease (COVID-19).

The politician disclosed this in a tweet on his verified Twitter handle on Sunday night, March 22.

Atiku Abubakar's son tests positive for coronavirus

Atiku said that the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has been duly informed about the situation
Source: UGC

READ ALSO: Mahama cautions Akufo-Addo to fight coronavirus with plans and not just prayers

Atiku revealed that the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has been duly informed about the situation and that his son had been moved to the Gwagwalada Specialist Hospital in Abuja for treatment.

He did not mention the name of which of his sons was infected by the disease.

READ ALSO: Ghana quarantines air passengers; persons taken to hotel mandatorily

In another report, the former vice president called on the government to use power at its disposal to ensure the lives of Nigerians are protected against the deadly coronavirus.

It has also been reported that the former presidential candidate of the PDP had recently advised the federal government to restrict flights from nations with a high prevalence of the coronavirus plague, following the discovery of index case of the disease in Lagos state

In a statement he issued on Thursday, March 12, Abubakar also urged the government to take every reasonable step to protect the citizens of Nigeria by temporarily suspending flights to and from the affected countries until it builds up the ability to contain the coronavirus.

He, however, said that the borders should be open to Nigerian citizens regardless of their status, adding that despite the commendable efforts of patriotic health officials, the government is yet to identify and or locate multiple passengers who flew in with the index case from Italy.

READ ALSO: Rwanda announces total lockdown for 2 weeks over COVID-19

He said: "They could be anywhere. We must, therefore, err on the side of caution. We cannot afford to broaden the possibility of future infections. The economic impact of a widespread infestation of the virus in Nigeria will be catastrophic and will affect our national security, and status as Africa’s leading economy. The ravages of this scourge, which has officially been classified as a global pandemic, must not be allowed to test our already fragile economy."

Meanwhile, Ghana's coronavirus case has risen to 21 with one death.

The dead person was a 61-year-old Lebanese trader who had underlining health conditions.

Also, markets in Accra have been closed on Monday, March 23, 2020, to be disinfected.

READ ALSO: Markets to be closed on Monday over coronavirus; full list released

Faces of Ghana: A Mysterious Voice Speaks to Me When I'm Working - Engineer Explains | #Yencomgh

Subscribe to watch new videos

Have national and human interest issues to discuss?

Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition?

Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page.

Source: Yen.com.gh

Online view pixel