- Health authorities at Zorko in the Bongo District of the Upper East Region have quarantined a Ghanaian UK returnee together with his friend on suspicion of COVID-19
- Moses Aniah, 45, a UK-resident Ghanaian native of Zorko came to Ghana on March 21, 2020, and had contact with his friend, Baba Asarawiah, 25
- The two have been quarantined and their blood samples have been collected for testing
Our Manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
Moses Aniah, 45, a UK-resident Ghanaian native of Zorko in the Bongo District of the Upper East Region has been quarantined after he returned into the country.
Aniah, who had stayed in the UK for two years, three months in India and a day in Dubai, departed to Ghana on March 21, 2020, and moved to his home on March 25, 2020.
As soon as he arrived in his home, he was picked up by the Bongo District COVID-19 team together with his friend, Baba Asarawiah, 25, who escorted him from Kumasi to Bongo-Zorko.
The two have been quarantined on the suspicion that they could be infected with COVID-19.
The District Director of Health, Stephen Bordotsiah confirmed during a press conference that the two have been quarantined at an undisclosed location and their blood samples have been collected for testing in Kumasi.
Stephen Bordotsiah disclosed that they were notified about the two travelling from Accra to Bolgatanga and having had a tip-off that Moses had returned into the country, wasn’t quarantined and went for him immediately together with his friend.
According him, the two boarded a tricycle (Cando) with three other persons to their house in Zorko before the health team picked them up.
He said everyone who came into contact with them is in self-isolation and that they are currently tracing the rider of the tricycle.
One other person contacted is currently in self-isolation but one Burkina Faso lady who was also on board entered Burkina Faso and cannot be traced.
''We are also following up to the O.A station for details of all passengers on the bus they came with for contact tracing,'' he said.
Stephen Bordotsiah disclosed that the two, who are on strict monitoring are doing well and have shown no symptoms of COVID-19.
Chairman of the Bongo District Security committee and DCE, Peter Ayinbisa allayed fears of COVID-19 spread in the district as speculated on social media.
He said the two young men have not been tested and confirmed of COVID-19 as being circulated on social media.
''Nobody has been tested and confirmed positive of COVID-19.''
Peter Ayinbisa, however, assured the people of Bongo that there is no reason for them to be agitated.
Meanwhile, the Ghana Health Service has confirmed that the total number of COVID-19 cases in the country is 132.
YEN.com.gh previously reported that a lady identified as Precious Williams has shared a heart-wrenching experience about how she is struggling to cope after testing positive for the coronavirus.
Precious Williams disclosed in a message on social media that she tested positive for the COVID-19 and she asked her friends to remember her in their prayers for speedy recovery.
Faces of Ghana: A Mysterious Voice Speaks to Me When I'm Working - Engineer Explains #Yencomgh
Have national and human interest issues to discuss? Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition?
Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page.