- The Prince of Wales is now out of self-isolation
- The 71-year-old Prince Charles, spent seven days self-isolating in Scotland after testing positive for COVID-19
- His wife also tested and did not have the virus
- Our Manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
Prince Charles has recovered from the coronavirus after Clarence House announced he had tested positive on Thursday, March 26, 2020.
The Prince of Wales is now out of self-isolation, a spokesperson confirmed in a statement on Monday.
"Clarence House has confirmed today that, having consulted with his doctor, The Prince of Wales is now out of self-isolation," a spokesperson for the royal said.
READ ALSO: COVID-19 lockdown: NDC stops all communicators from going near radio and TV stations
It is understood that the prince is currently in good health after self-isolating for seven days, which is the current standard being applied nationwide.
Palace officials confirmed that Charles had contracted the virus, saying the prince was "displaying mild symptoms" but was in good health.
Meanwhile, the Buckingham Palace previously said the Queen last saw her son, the heir to the throne, on 12 March, and was “in good health”.
It comes as six further people with the virus in Scotland have died, taking the total to 47. The total number of people who have died with the virus in the UK has reached 1,228.
Among those to have died is Amged El-Hawrani, a 55-year-old ear, nose and throat consultant at Queen’s Hospital Burton. Last week, an organ transplant consultant died after testing positive for the virus.
READ ALSO: Jose Mourinho snubs Man United players in best XI he has coached
Some 20,000 former NHS staff have returned to work to help deal with the outbreak coronavirus, Prime Minister Boris Johnson has said, adding the country would get through the crisis “together”.
The prime minister – who became the first world leader to announce he had the virus – has continued to lead the country’s response to the pandemic, carrying out meetings over video link while self-isolating in his Downing Street flat.
YEN.com.gh earlier reported that though the number of novel coronavirus cases continues to rise by the day, happy endings still exist.
A 101-year-old man in Rimini, Italy, was released from the hospital Thursday, March 26, after recovering from the coronavirus.
Only God can save Ghana from the Coronavirus outbreak - Pastor declares | #Yencomgh
READ ALSO: Coronavirus: No new cases recorded on morning of Monday, March 30, 2020 - Information Ministry
Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition? Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page.